Thoughts on KYB Shock/strut, and Eibach Sportlines?

Evenflow

yellow snow cone lover
Nov 4, 2004
Mass
Ok, So I work at Advance Auto Parts. Looking to work on my suspension in the near future, basically just lowering the car.

As far as shocks and struts go how are KYB?

Front/Rear - KYB Agx Adjustable Shocks/struts
Eibach Sportlines.

With my discount I can get the two KYB AGX Adjustables for the front and rear, and the Eibach sportlines for $593.57.

Does everyone think this will be a good suspension setup?

• Sponsors (?)

I read this response an editor gave a reader in a Mustang mag:

1. Are you really going to adjust them, after the initial "cool" factor wears off?
2. More importantly, do you know what you're doing when you make adjustments and how those adjustments affects handling?

If you can get Bils from your workplace, I'd personally spring for those instead.

san~man said:
I read this response an editor gave a reader in a Mustang mag:

1. Are you really going to adjust them, after the initial "cool" factor wears off?
2. More importantly, do you know what you're doing when you make adjustments and how those adjustments affects handling?

If you can get Bils from your workplace, I'd personally spring for those instead.

I have to disagree, San. When I got my shocks I set them mid range, and then drove for a bit. After driving for a while I really knew what I wanted to do with the settings and adjusted them. I settled on a really nice setting for my car, and if I was into drag racing or autoX etc. I could tailor them to each situation. I'm really glad I got the adjustables, and the KYB rears are much easier to adjust than the Tokicos.
I cant really see how slapping the same strut on everyones car (vert, coupe, drag racer, street car, road racer) can really be optimum for every style.

007 said:
I have to disagree, San. When I got my shocks I set them mid range, and then drove for a bit. After driving for a while I really knew what I wanted to do with the settings and adjusted them. I settled on a really nice setting for my car, and if I was into drag racing or autoX etc. I could tailor them to each situation. I'm really glad I got the adjustables, and the KYB rears are much easier to adjust than the Tokicos.
I cant really see how slapping the same strut on everyones car (vert, coupe, drag racer, street car, road racer) can really be optimum for every style.

I agree. I guess he needs to give us more info on what he plans to do.