THR INtake manifold

• Sponsors (?)

OK! How the hell is anyone supposed to concentrate on the damn intake with that animal of a woman standing right next to it?!

Seriously, i clicked on the 3 images just check her out, closed the page and then realized that I didn't even glance in the intake's direction.

Sorry, I am of no use to you here. I think i have seen those guys advertise in MM&FF before, that is about it.

OK! How the hell is anyone supposed to concentrate on the damn intake with that animal of a woman standing right next to it?!

Seriously, i clicked on the 3 images just check her out, closed the page and then realized that I didn't even glance in the intake's direction.

Sorry, I am of no use to you here. I think i have seen those guys advertise in MM&FF before, that is about it.

:stupid:

Thats the HPS Intake, has been covered here a few times but was only recently released a month or 2 ago...i don't know anyone who has one yet so i haven't had one in my hands. Texas Hot Rods is just a retailer not the creator.

The HPS should be a good piece. Iv emailed the owner quite a few times back and forth....I was going to buy that, but decided to stop spending money on N/A mods lol. I was about tapped out for the cheaper lv of bolton/ins...after that it would get super expencive.

May be a good upgrade for the GT down the line though....but not for a LONG time.

The personal knowledge i had was of spending $695 for possibly getting 15hp N/A. Doesn't seem worth it to spend ~$47 per hp. Maybe its just me

Dyno gains don't always translate into performance gains. In fact sometimes a gain on the dyno can make your car perform worse at the track. And the dyno graphs I saw of this intake showed a average 22 RWHP gain.

The only true test with new intakes like this is to take them to the track.

The unfortunate thing is that for N/A guys, especially those who've hit the wall without cracking open the motor, these expensive intakes are the only things left to do. :notnice:

True, im getting there as well. Not many parts left for me other than a few expensive ones like LT's or Cams. That's mainly the reason why im saving for a blower instead.

Dyno gains don't always translate into performance gains. In fact sometimes a gain on the dyno can make your car perform worse at the track. And the dyno graphs I saw of this intake showed a average 22 RWHP gain.

The only true test with new intakes like this is to take them to the track.

Was this on bolt on cars or ones with serious work? 22rwhp seems pretty good when the manufacturer only claims up to 15rwhp on N/A applications