THrottle body and Plenum or gears??

Hey guys....I need your input.
I will be getting either the Accufab throttle body and C&L Intake plenum through Ronnie Diaz, or 4.10 gears installed in the next month or so.

My question is, who from experience can tell me what the better choice will be as far as waking up the car? They are both about the same price installed, so that isn't the factor. I know gears will really make a huge difference, but would the body/plenum combo feel pretty strong as well?

I am leaning towards gears, but wanted some advice.

Thanks guys :nice:

Fred

• Sponsors (?)

lol I just posted in the other thread (mine) but anyways, I'd say gears since everyone raves about it and how noticable it is. Plenum and tb you can buy seperately later as you get the funds and put it on in 30 minutes :)

Buy the bigger expensive stuff that you can afford first :banana:

JonJon said:
lol I just posted in the other thread (mine) but anyways, I'd say gears since everyone raves about it and how noticable it is. Plenum and tb you can buy seperately later as you get the funds and put it on in 30 minutes :)

Buy the bigger expensive stuff that you can afford first :banana:

LOL man...I just read it. Thanks again for your input. :D

I got 4.10 gears first and the other stuff (below) second. IMHO, 4.10s are too short for daily driving. On a normal takeoff, first and second go by really fast and still I'm barely moving. But boy, when I step on it in 3rd or 4th, it is really fun. I usually end up cruising around town at 2000 rpms in 4th and about 2500 on the highway. So I would say go with 3.73s if the car is your daily driver. It's a good compromise.

I can feel a real SOTP difference after installing the C&L Mass Air kit, C&L True-Flow pipe, AccuFab T/B and C&L Plenum. No dyno yet, but it is very noticeable and the throttle response is much better!

They're both good mods, gears ended up costing about $400 total (including install), the other stuff cost about $750 total (I installed it myself in about 1 1/2 hours).

Having done them both, if I were to do it again, I would do the C&L stuff first because of the difference in the throttle response and the way the engine just feels like it is breathing so much easier, then the gears.

Just my $.02.