Throttle body and spacer...

What "is" and "is not" worth it to add performance upgrades to your V6. Most of the negative input about upgrades comes from GT owners (God's gift to the Mustang world).
If you're a V6 owner and you want to improve your performance I have found that adding headers and any type of dual exhaust has its benefits. Your V6 breaths better.
In reality these upgrades add about 10-12 hp to the rear wheels. Add an underdrive pully maybe another 5-7 hp. Forget the manufacturer's hype. Are these upgrades worth it? It depends on your personal goals for the performance of your V6. Will it perform better? Yes. Will it sound better? Yes. Will it beat up on a stock GT? No.
Another reality is that you've spent about $1000 for less than a 10 percent hp gain. BUT...if you build from there (ported intakes and a 65mm BBK TB) you've now doubled your gains to 20-24 hp to the rear wheels for about another $1000. Add stage 2+ heads a roller cam-roller lifters-roller rockers-hardened push rods and you've added 100 hp...So for about another $4000 you have 270hp to the wheels. Add forged pistons and a 30 over bore...310hp, and you're ready for a power adder (turbo-sc-nos) and you'll double that to 650hp...you blow out your 7.5 rearend add a 8.8 $1100.00...subframe and control arms $600.00 ...seeing a GT disappear in your rear view they're looking at your 3.8 badge...priceless.
If a GT adds the same upgrades...:jaw:

Why waste money on moddig a GT when you can just get the Cobra and get the same result :bang:

Modding a V8 and get high hp numbers is easy. Modding a V6 and get high hp numbers takes passion and it cost about the same to get to the same hp level anyways. :flag:

Just a FYI, the V6 block is stronger than the V8 block :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

I understand most of this and in fact I just finished installing my cam, heads, RR's, lifters, blah blah blah on my five oh, and am just about to Re-mount my vortech. I turn all my own wrenches and understand the dynamics and ramifications of momentus power. I guess I am just simply asking for someone to lay out the path in which one v-6 owner takes. I do belive I have seen the appropriate path through your responses and I thank you.

The reason I am doing this to a v-6? Why the heck not? NOTHING I own is stock and will ever stay that way. Also, I have Gods gift to the mustang world (1991 GT :p ) but its just more fun doing it to the v-6. Kind of the underdog concept...:)
Here is my thread of the progress of the GT:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=666089

Thanks again guys, you have been most helpful and I will keep reading this thread and responding for the good advice you keep giving!:nice: :SNSign: