Throttle Body Spacer and High Idle

str8stangsta

Mar 8, 2010
I have a 99 V6 and I added a cold air intake then i tuned it with a Diablo Predator to run a little leaner. After I then added a throttle body spacer (along with the loud whistle) i noticed my RPM's were getting 'stuck' around 2000-3000 then it will roughly drop to around 1000. My next problem was that my check engine came on for a code 'too lean bank 1' 'too lean bank 2'. So i went back in the Predator and made it richer at WOT. Not only do i not have that code anymore but now my throttle is idling higher and getting 'stuck' longer. Can anyone help?

• Sponsors (?)

You got a vacuum line unplugged somewhere?? What did you install the spacer for? Maybe that did something to the IAC sensor. Check to make sure the TB isn't leaking around where you bolted it back up and the the IAC is also tight. If none of these are the case, chances are you have a faulty IAC (Idle Air Control sensor). Could be that it's stuck open or leaking where it's mounted.

loud whistle equals vacuum leak

After I then added a throttle body spacer (along with the loud whistle)
loud whistle equals vacuum leak.

Today's cars simply will NOT run right with even a tiny vacuum leak. Your leak is so large that it can be easily heard.

Get rid of the TB spacer. That don't do anything for a late model car anyway.

Post back if the idle does not return to normal after there are no vacuum leaks.