Throttle body without new aftermarket plenum?

Seraphitia102

will post boobie pics for a supercharger
Oct 11, 2004
California
I'm interested in getting a 75mm Accufab throttle body but I was wondering if there's any noticeable gains in power and/or sound just with the throttle body? I know this sounds kinda stupid, but I don't want to get rid of the stock plenum because I like the "Mustang" symbol on there. C&L plenums look exactly like an elbow as with most other plenums except Accufab which has their logo right on top of the plenum.

• Sponsors (?)

StangPro said:
Little to no gian in power, but a nice increase with the plenum.

Throttle response will improve though.
When I put on my 75 mm, I noticed a decrease in response. I got a bad bucking. The TPS and PCM are setup for 65mm. The airflow is more when you step on it but the computer doesn't know that. When I got a tune he changed the anticipated airflow measures and now it is smooth. I especially noticed it on the 2nd-3rd shift. It would buck hard like it cut out for a split second.

Kilgore Trout said:
+1 for no gains

You seem to have a lot of money for mods Seriphita. Have you ever though of doing turbo or supercharger???

Well, I'm not sure if I have a lot of money, but I do spend quite a bit for my car :p I've thought of doing a supercharger, but my Mustang is my daily driver and I'm afraid that a supercharger might ruin my car or decrease it's life. :shrug:

There was one test at like modular powerhouse I think on throttle bodies and plenums and with the stock timing, accufab plenum + 75mm accufab throttle body produced 6.Xrwhp. That was the best gain of the 4 being tested.

I think that if you're going to open your air hole a bit more with the plenum, you should get a larger throttle body to take advantage of it.

You have got to be more careful with how you word things around here. ..... :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

If you are going for looks get the Accufab , it is at least polished. You are correct, there is not a lot of HP to gain.
You can get one of the SC that is shiny and only puts out 6-7 lbs boost or go with 9-11 and get a safe tune. You will hurt the engine, not the SC. :D
there is another plenum that is polished as well.

Seraphitia102 said:
I'm interested in getting a 75mm Accufab throttle body but I was wondering if there's any noticeable gains in power and/or sound just with the throttle body? I know this sounds kinda stupid, but I don't want to get rid of the stock plenum because I like the "Mustang" symbol on there. C&L plenums look exactly like an elbow as with most other plenums except Accufab which has their logo right on top of the plenum.

How about a ported stock upper intake? I see them for sale alot and were popular before the aftermarket jumped in. I think hp gains were similar to C-N-L etc with an aftermarket TB and intake spacer...just a suggestion since you like the look of the stock.