Engine Throttle Cable Slack?

95Vert383AOD

15 Year Member
Jun 10, 2008
New Bedford, MA
I was over on the Bronco forum and apparently throttle cables get slack (Who knew?) Have any of you guys checked and found slack in your cable? Seems the Bronco guys are using zip ties to take up the slack where the cable meets the pedal.

Get a friend to push the pedal to the floor and check that the throttle is fully open.

• Sponsors (?)

I was over on the Bronco forum and apparently throttle cables get slack (Who knew?) Have any of you guys checked and found slack in your cable? Seems the Bronco guys are using zip ties to take up the slack where the cable meets the pedal.

Get a friend to push the pedal to the floor and check that the throttle is fully open.
Do you have a Bronco?
And which Bronco forum is it? As you can tell, I have a Bronco and was wanting to join a Bronco forum but I tried one out once and it seemed like a bunch of sister-loving white trash bumbling idiots on there. I can't recall which one it was, though.

Do you have a Bronco?
And which Bronco forum is it? As you can tell, I have a Bronco and was wanting to join a Bronco forum but I tried one out once and it seemed like a bunch of sister-loving white trash bumbling idiots on there. I can't recall which one it was, though.
Nope...I don't have a Bronco. Google has brought me there. But at some point in the future i want one.

Its cool...Sometimes in rural Bronco areas all you have is liquor and family. Stuff happens.

I'm surprised no one has anything to say about it. I would be checking to see if my throttle is only opening 60-70% All steel throttle cables can suffer from this.
I would check if my car was at my shop and not the body shop. I probably will as soon as I get it back lol