tiburon vs. mustang

bigdaddysdawg

Jan 29, 2002
i have a friend with a new tiburon gt v6 and he has a full exhaust. This kid never shuts up about how fast his car is. I have an 01 manual with flowmasters. Will he smoke me at the track?

• Sponsors (?)

I think it would be close. The tiberon is 170 HP with a curb weight of 2940 and 181lbs of trq. It depends on the driver I think.

Quote:
Tiburon is a relatively heavy small coupe and this V6 isn't potent for its size.

This is a quote from consumerguide, take it for what its worth, they also say the midrange on it stinks basically. 0 to 60 in 7.7 secs.

You give him a run for his money. do you have a manual or auto, and can you drive??

I test drove a Tiburon GT not too long ago (but before I got the Stang...now I don't need to test drive anything, I'm more than happy thank you much.) In all honesty, I wasn't impressed with it...the interior WAS kind of nice, but there really wasn't much pull at all from the motor...not to mention it IS a Hyundai. In a race situation, you should have him off the line but it'd be a driver's race after that...that's my $.02

Mean03V6 said:
GREENBIOCH said:
I'm 6'2" and any small car I detest, cause I need a can opener to get out of it. I sat in the rx8 at the car show I just about got stuck inside of it. :nonono:
:lol: .. :rlaugh: I know how you feel...I'm 6'5"....I don't see how anyone can fit their foot in a Miata. :D

yeah i'm about 6'2 myself and I test drove a toytoa mr2 sypder....i felt like a granny driver all huddled up over the wheel....the seat was as far back as it could go also. lol.

hah yeah i 6' 4" and after driving little cars when i got the stang i was suprised cus of all the leg room it had compared to others but i could see where chunky people would have truble getting in and out... no offence to overwieght people

GREENBIOCH said:
bigdaddysdawg said:
this kid with the tiburon said he ran a 9.7in the 1/8 of a mile. Is that a good time?
9.7inches in a 1/8 mile, he obviously broke something cause he didn'
t make the full 1/8th. :lol:

Not exceptitional. :rolleyes:

lol typical hundai *****

my grandma has a hyundai santa fe. god it's been in on more recalls than my stang has been in on repairs!

bigdaddysdawg said:
this kid with the tiburon said he ran a 9.7in the 1/8 of a mile. Is that a good time?
dunno bout u guys but thats enough to beat me in my stock 00 5spd, i couldnt pull under 10 sec 1/8ths at the track...now i also had mad bald tires and couldnt get under 16.0 1/4 which i no most of u can run faster. thats all fixed now tho got some fresh nitto 555's and my spintech catback should be here n e day now :D ill get some new times once thats on.