time for a new cat back

SaleenGT2001

Jul 18, 2005
Four Oaks NC
i sold my stocker with the flowmasters to a buddy. now my car has nothing but an OR midpipe on it. it is load as hell and sounds like a tractor. i wanted to get some opinions on what the best cat back would be for my car. i was thinking SLP b/c it comes with the LM1's on and i have the LM2's sitting here already. i do like a LOUD exhaust the flows were just way too quiet for me. one of my buddys has a OR pipe with a magnaflow cat back (the one with the normal looking mufflers) and it sounds good. i just dont want the same as his, so any suggestions would be welcome.
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

LMIIs,
I love mine. They are loud with an aggresive sound to them. Not awful loud like the LMIs. I think those would be a good choice

Your buddy has my setup....and yes it does sound good :D . If you want LOUD though...a +1 on the magnapacks. That way you have a great flowing system (should be good for around 10 up from what you had) and different from your friends.

magnapacks do such a weird thing tho with an offroad pipe...an extremely annoying gunshot farting, backfiring noise with my MAC offroad H but ONLY between 2600-3500 rpms.....the rest of the time it sounds normal.....take it from me...i just switched to a catted X (with the straight pipe option :D) and am probably goin with SLP LM2's in the future.

Uh oh...and you have a good X on there too. OK ditch the packs then :D . Maybe some dynomax (bullitt?) mufflers...those sound different than most and I think they flow well. I know a guy with a 330RWHP N/A GT has them on his car and it sounded good :) .

Personal BEST sounding exhaust setups I ever heard.

MINE

AND

2002 GT... VRS O/R X pipe, 2 chambered flowmaster catback.

I have heard weldin cars, and there isnt a comparison...with tha VRS X and the full CB, thing just sounded SMOOTH and sweet.