time for a paint job

bnickel

Founding Member
Aug 21, 2002
lubbock, texas
well guys, it's finally time. the car will be heading for the paint shop next weekend. first time in the 20 years i've owned it that it will actually have a decent paint job, actually it will be a show quality paint job. for those in the lubbock area, i'll be taking it to graphic paint and body. the owner Jim is a great guy and he also has a 69 coupe, right now it is painted a green-purple flip flop color, it's sharp too. here is his website http://www.graphicpaint.com/Assets/graphics_gallery.htm
my car will be acapulco blue with blackout hood, headlight openings and taillight panel and vinyl top. going to order my shelby fiberglass decklid, end caps, and side scoops too. the whole thing is going to run me about 3500 bucks. i'll be sure to take lot's of before and after pics. man i'm excited :D

• Sponsors (?)

thanks guys, i'm pretty stoked about it.

mdjay, were you ever able to get any pics of the shelby style 'glass decklid and end caps for me? i'd realy like to check them out since i will be needing them soon, let me know. thanks

Well, with the exception of the shade of blue and blacking out the headlights (just makes the grill area look too long IMO), you basically just described the way I want to go eventually with my car. I just haven't been able to find a place that will work with me on the quality vs. price issue yet. Can't wait to see yours though, then I can photochop a white top on it and see how mine will eventually look alot easier than chopping all the shelby glass on to a pic my car as is. :D

Good luck man, I feel your excitement! :nice:

sure pak, just let me do all the hard work, and then ride in on my coat tails. you're in management aren't you? :rolleyes: BTW i don't think i've told you lately, so here is your monthly dose of "man you're a prick" hehehe :D just kidding, i'll be sure to send you lot's of pics that you can photochop. you can also also checkout streetgrande69's site, in the gallery section there is a black with white top 69 coupe that has the shelby decklid on it, it's only the rear 1/4 panel basically but it will give you an idea. well gotta go out and start stripping the car down

thanks i have it basically torn down now, still have to get the dash out, get the hood scoop off and get the quarter ornaments off, then my part is done for now :nice: if you've never torn a car down to the shell, it's a lot of work but also a lot of fun