Time for shocks/struts

i need to replace my shocks and struts and was stuck between 3 different brands. can you guys maybe give me some opinions and info on them. the three im looking at are the tokico blues..koni str.t ...and finally bilstein HD's.. These will be for my daily driver and will prob never be to a track. i want something that will handle well and not and be high quality. any help you guys have would be great. also what is the correct part # for the bilstein's? My car is lowered as well. Thanks alot

• Sponsors (?)

You'll probably get a bunch of peeps say to go with the Bilstein's or Koni's. But if you're not going to race (drag or road course) that's overkill (money-wise) IMHO. I don't race My 99 GT either, my ride is better than stock, and I've got more $$ for other mod's. All I've got is KYB GR2's and Eiback Pro-Kit springs along with upgraded rear control arms. I've been into muscle cars of all sorts for the past 20 years and have never needed to go overboard with high priced shocks/struts for a street car.
Since you have tokico springs, I'd try the tokico blues. I'm sure the Bilstein's and Koni's are awesome (if you're gonna race), but not for daily driving....That's just my humble opinion.

I have the Tokico blues with my Steeda springs. Hard to say the difference the shocks and struts make because they went in at the same time as springs, but they're not rough at all for my daily driver. I'd give them a thumbs up, especially at their price.

I've run tokico non adjustables for around 100k. They work great, and are slightly stiffer than stock. Great shocks/struts for a street car that is lowered.

I wouldn't consider them if you see the strip every couple weeks, though. It seems like you do not, so I would get them.

My Tokico Blues are good, but the only difference over stock (for me anyways) were that these are shorter in length that my stockers which better suits the drop on my car (about 1.8-2.0 inches). The Blues FEEL the same as stock. I noticed no improvement in any category. However, as I already said, these are proper springs though so they are an "improvement" over stock. I'd recommend them if you are looking for run-of-the-mill shocks/struts at a decent price (I paid CAD $504 for mine). Otherwise, I would probably try the Bilsteins. I've heard many good things about these shocks/struts. Except for the price, LOL.

My Tokico Blues are good, but the only difference over stock (for me anyways) were that these are shorter in length that my stockers which better suits the drop on my car (about 1.8-2.0 inches). The Blues FEEL the same as stock. I noticed no improvement in any category. However, as I already said, these are proper springs though so they are an "improvement" over stock. I'd recommend them if you are looking for run-of-the-mill shocks/struts at a decent price (I paid CAD $504 for mine). Otherwise, I would probably try the Bilsteins. I've heard many good things about these shocks/struts. Except for the price, LOL.

This is actually very reassuring for me. I just picked up a set of H&R SS springs and was trying to figure out what shocks to use that wouldn't deliver such a harsh ride. I'd love to pick up some Bilstein's as well, but they just aren't in the budget at this point in time.

This is actually very reassuring for me. I just picked up a set of H&R SS springs and was trying to figure out what shocks to use that wouldn't deliver such a harsh ride. I'd love to pick up some Bilstein's as well, but they just aren't in the budget at this point in time.

Not sure if you've noticed, but I've got the H&R SS springs as well. The ride is somewhat harsh but changing from stock shocks/struts to the HPs did not change anything about how the car feels or drives.

For the Eibach Pro Kit, something that doesnt have that high of a spring rate, any KYB or entry level shock can handle pretty well and give you better ride quality than stock. I current am running the Tokico D Specs, but only because my car will be seeing a higher rate spring (the H&R SS) soon as well as some AutoX's and road course events.

If you are running the H&R SS or anything higher rated than the Steeda springs, you will need a stiffer valved shock than most progressive entry level springs. But, you can still run them and get by, your shocks just wont last as long as they should.

Reasonbly priced shock FTW, b/c I don't see why you should break the bank for some shocks and or springs, most after market shocks probaly be a gain over stock, IMHO, If I had the cash or a full Eibach set up or some Bilsteins, I would get the low priced shocks and save for some future internal engine modifications or repairs. I've only read about a hand full of cars that would actually put good use to the extreme high end suspension, don't buy expensive parts until the car no longer can use the one it has and there is a need for it. Unless this is your hobby and have other vehicles. Just my opinion.