Timing Adjuster help!

• Sponsors (?)

StangDriver5650 said:
91 should be fine, if you hear any detonation / pinging (bb's in a can sound) just back the timing off a degree or two until it goes away. Have you felt any gains with the timing adjuster so far? I'm thinking about getting one.

I installed a T/A on my '02 and felt a definite difference. With just the T/A (set at 13 degrees), a Tri Ax, and a K&N I managed a 14.08 at the track. That's roughly a half second faster than the other stock stangs I usually see out there.

i'm running my timing adjuster with 91 octane set at 16*. however i will probably bump it down to about 15* just got good measure. it has been at 16* for a while now though without problems. but i wanna do some runs on the dyno and see if there is a difference between 15* and 16*.

Note...........word is if it's a Steeda timing adjuster, you have to set it one degree higher than you actually wanna run. Other words, if you want 15 degrees of timing, set it at 16............as I said, so I've heard........... :shrug:

There's definitely some gain with the TA and the pulleys together. I originally had it set at 15* but my SES light kept coming on and the pinging also. I bumped it down to 14* and still the same. I just now bumped it all the way down to stock setting 10* because the pinging won't stop. I don't know, maybe it's the 91 octane that I'm using.