Tinted tail lights

partsbill

Jul 27, 2006
Lake Worth, FL
decided to tint the tail lamps, I was going to order the covers but didn't like how bulky they looked on our cars, 3 light coats of VHT Night Shades, now I just have to clearcoat them this weekend.
001-10.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I just ordered the Cervinis 67 GT500 taillight conversion kit and bought 2 cans of VHT Nite Shades paint to tint them up a bit, I'll also be tinting up my new 2010 style projector headlights before theyr'e installed.... I can't wait to see the end result:)

I used the same VHT on my thrid brake light - cover...works great - but don't go too heavy - you can barely see the light at all during the day - little bit better at night.

Are the lights safe or legal?
Police in my area would probably love to stop me with such a setup.

I only sprayed on 3 light coats of tint and finished up with 3 coats of clear today, I think their safe, they are very visible when I apply my brakes or turn siginal during the day and at night with the lights on you can't tell that their tinted, and as far as legal I had a Florida Highway Trooper right behind me today and didn't get pulled over,
007-2.jpg

it seems like they are alittle darker now that I clear coated them, but they
are just as bright as they were, and since they aren't totally black and still appear to be somewhat red even with the lights off I'm hoping I'm still legal