Tips and tricks to wire hiding?

BlownStangGT

REPEAT
Founding Member
Jan 22, 2002
Lancaster, PA
I am looking for tips and tricks for wire hiding. My car is going to be used in the All Ford National show in Carlise, PA for my friends shop, UMI Performance. Anyways, I want to make the car look good, so I want to hide some wires and other stuff. One of my friends did this a little, but it scares me looking at all the wires. I am afraid of starting the project and not being able to finish it and having wires hanging all over and not knowing where they go, etc....so I would really aprecate it if people could lead me to pictured steps, etc that will help me do this sucessfully. I will be pulling the fenders and alll to make sure its done right. I just wanna clean up my engine bay for the show. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Ok I am doing this as we speak. Basically take your time is all I can say. Mark all the connections (even though they will really only plug into the right place), extend any wires right away, and make it as easy as possible. I havent started to plug it all back in, but I have a feeling it wont be too hard. Just get a manual, and go at it, if you mark all the connections and whatnot, it should be no problem!

We have a Haynes, but I think any would be fine!

I have b4 and during pics for you... its hard to see in the second pic, but the wires are in the fender there.

510784_5_full.jpg

510784_82_full.jpg

The vaccum lines will all be returned to where they are supposed to go... I may either extend them, replace them with longer lines, ro just move them back where they belong depending how long it takes.

I removed the smog pump as it should pass emissions without it. The AC was recently removed, but could easily be retained and not be an issue.

There really is no same way everyone does it, you just make things up as you go, but remember, the main harness starts from the passenger side. Just start easy and work your way around!

Hiding wires is only what you make of it and nothing more, I did mine over 3 yrs ago and believe me it's not nearly as difficult as you might think as long as you mark ever thing!
I only had to cut and lengthen 2 sets of wires to do mine (1) set to the over flow bottle, (1) set for the A/C compressor.
After looking at Forced347 (I believe Forced 347 was the pioneer of hiding wires) car before I did mine I decided I’d give it a try and found out at that time as long as you mark all the wires or connectors and have a game plan on how you want to run the wires it’s reasonably easy. The basics are through the back of each Strut Tower and into the inner fender.
This my help if your looking for pics.
http://www.netsnapshot.com/pcw/b?KEY=7&ACCOUNT=1924

enginebay1.jpg

engine2.JPG

88GTMustang said:
Hey man sorry to butt in on this but I was just wondering to how you disconnect the two main wire harnesses from the fire wall, both the drivers side and pass. Is there like a disconnect behind the insulation on the firewall???

Nope. If you look were it goes into the firewall, you will see a big rubber type boot or block off. You can push that into the car, and all the wires will follow after that.