tips for taking off door panel or door mach speaker cover?

StolenGT

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2002
Syracuse
I'm trying to take off my interior door panel to get the mach speaker off, so i can access the back of my exterior rear view mirror to take it off. Has anyone ever done this before? I remember the whole thing snapped right off on my 89 mustang, but i'm not as willing to screw around and break stuff figuring things out on my 02. Any help would be great...i've already got the plastic section with the power lock and window controls off.

thanks,
Chad

• Sponsors (?)

ok you got that control center out...just go around the exterior and either pull or push a flat bladed screw driver up under and pry it off...pops right off. then hinged by the window so lift up and push and it should come off easily.

I'm not sure about the 02, but on my 95 after you got that console off, there were two srews behind it. One you remove those you just lift the whole panel up. there are a bunch of fingers that hold the panel in. Also you may have to pop the cover off the mach speaker for clearance when you lift.

Hope that helps.

Uh, yes you can remove the speaker without the door skin. I have put that speaker mount on mine. But then again it is a little different. Yes, just take a small flat head screwdriver to remove the cover if that is what you are doing.

front door speakers

LsRedy2Kstang said:
Uh, yes you can remove the speaker without the door skin. I have put that speaker mount on mine. But then again it is a little different. Yes, just take a small flat head screwdriver to remove the cover if that is what you are doing.

are you saying that the front door speaker grilles can be removed without taking off the door panel? gunshy after popping off the rear speaker grilles and finding out they BROKE off instead of being replaceable.....