Tire pressure sensor, and "limp mode"

Hey all,

Lets say for a minute that I buy a new set of rear wheels and tires to be used only at the strip on my 07 GT. Obviously, I would rather not buy another set of tire pressure monitors for the secondary rear wheels. Therefore, at the track I would only have the sensors on the front wheels, which in theory will set off the pressure sensor, and light up the dash. Will this put the computer into some kind of "safe mode", or otherwise reduce the power output? I'd like to have a second set of wheels, but it wouldn't make much sense if it requires the sensors to be installed.

P.S.... has anyone figured out what the clips on the underside of the armrest on the center console are for? I have yet to find any object that fits in that slot and remains there.... Someone, PLEASE tell me what they are for!

• Sponsors (?)

Hey all,

P.S.... has anyone figured out what the clips on the underside of the armrest on the center console are for? I have yet to find any object that fits in that slot and remains there.... Someone, PLEASE tell me what they are for!

I think it is the condom holder for men and the sanitary napkin holder for women. :shrug: :rlaugh: I have pondered this very thing!

I have notice that only one quarter will stay in the change holder. but I'm still perplexed about the spot on the underside of the armrest. Nothing in the manual about it, nothing on here.... what is this damn thing for???

But seriously, the tire pressure thing.... any ideas?

Why dont you put the spare tire on and see what happens? I doubt there is a sensor on that.
I had a flat on my 06 Explorer, put the spare on. The light stayed on until I put the normal tire back on. The Explorer ran just like normal.