Tire Pressure Sensor

Riggs

Mar 31, 2005
Linden, NJ
Does anyone know how you clear the Tire Pressure Sensor Light after you have low air and then add air? I've never had the problem but a buddy of mine has an 07 and the light came on so he added air, but the light would not go away.

• Sponsors (?)

Has he driven it much? I believe it takes something like 20 minutes at speed or something more than just sitting. I can't remember the details of it though, been a while since I read through that logic

Well he took it to the dealership and had to get it reset for $14, they said each time it comes on they need to do it. I thought that didnt seem right, i didn't do this, but do you think the xcal 2 could clear the light?

Agree, it should not have taken a trip to the dealer to fix. Also, if something was wrong, $14 the dealership charged surely could have been absorbed by the dealer. That is petty on a newly purchased $30k car IMO

If you press reset, it gets rid of the message center message about low tire pressure, but does not turn the light off. If the tires are properly inflated, the light should go off once you reach 20MPH for a few moments. Somethings not functioning properly if that is not happening.

Where is this "reset" button located? Cause he was looking for one himself and could not find it so he took it to the dealership.

The reset button on the dash that controls the message center will clear the waning out of the message center but it will not turn off the dash light. I have had two really bad punctures in the same tire and both times the TPS saved my tire and rim from certain destruction. After the tire is reinflated it should only take a couple of minutes of driving for the light to go off. Your friend apparently has some sort of problem either with the computer or the sensor otherwise the warning lamp would have gone off by now.

He said to me today that the dealership had to reset it by running some sort of thing in front of the sensor to reset it and clear it. I guess it was a problem because he filled the tires up with 35 psi and the light stayed on for a week.