Tired of Changing Gaskets<------lil help mo problems

drunkinamustang

Apr 2, 2004
tx
Couple days ago I was out cruzin, I started too hear a sweak, sounded like a x-haust leak but ussally there more of a tappin noise, this was a sweak, so I went and parked it for the rest of the weekend too enjoy some good times on ther river, well I had no other transportation to work today so I had to drive the stang(2.35/premium a gallon 45 mins to work suxs :notnice: ) so today I noticed my car had a bad surge in the idle when I first start it up from like down under 500 up too 1300, and when it dosent do that it keeps dying, I really hate to give my car any gas before it builds oil pressure all the way up, so I took it over too my friend whos been around the game longer then me, and I him took it for a ride and he says it a x-haust leak, yes now I know I have one cause I blew my header gasket for the 3rd time(I noticed it on the way home it sounded like it did before when it blew the header gasket started but still with the sweak).....but the sweakin I cant figure out, cause I have never had a x-haust leak sound like that, my car never really did idle very well, and I got on it a lil just too see if it ran fine and it feels just as powerfull as it ussaly feels. I ran the car two weekends ago and ran 9.19(CAI, Long Tubes, 3.73's) I took it from a 15 roll today just to see and it took a lil to hook with my nitto450's or 490's I forget, like it ussaly does nothing differen't. But its really embarassing riding around with a car sweakin like that, so my question too yall is what is the sweakin?(DONT START TILL ABOUT 2000rpms and kinda dies out at 4000rpms, but just I cant hear it over my x-haust :bang: (still might just be the x-haust leak but never heard one like that) and I admit I been going with a mr gasket , I been looking at these copper gaskets that are guaranteed not too blow? anyone ever ran these on thier cars I heard the where the ****s :shrug: ? My friend put them on his mud truck and swears by them(393 with kenne bell or another roots style blower) Any help would be appricated? Tommarow while my down time at school I am gonna go to the shop and change the gasket. But its still kind baffles me about the idling deal, once you get down the road and pull into a gas station it will stay idling the while time I run in no surgin just once you start it up it does that. And i never had this happend before when I blew the gasket. But I figure if something was really wrong I be seeing performance lost, but I really havent noticed any.

• Sponsors (?)