tires for a cobra... which ones

well i have a 99 cobra and i will be installing a set of 4.10's and some NX 100 shot. Im getting money back form the IRS soon so i was wondering which tires to get. Right now im between 275 40 17 Nitto DR... i am almost positive im going with them but i am also looking at Mickey Thompsons 275 40 17 street drag radial. i was wondering if anyone has heard of how these mickey thompsons work.

im looking for a tire that will last 8-10k miles. Also they have to be able to make the car move in SOME rain.. i have the v6 for crappy days but was just wondering if these tires are OK for some rain.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a set of Nitto 275 (on at the moment) and they'll last somewhere around 10-15k depending on use (I have 4.10s as well).

I live in a 'rainy climate' and the Nittos seem to do much better then my BFGs in the rain. Of course, you're going to want to limit your speed and rarely go the speed limit (60 on the freeway in a downpour is pushing it).

A little practice and you'll know your limits, just don't push it.

Have fun finding traction though in dry conditions even with 4.10s and 100 shot. :eek: