TMD "Pro Aluminum SBF heads"

• Sponsors (?)

Pro Topline is out of Australia. I've heard positive things about them, only from dealers though. I don't know anyone who has actually run their heads.

Last I heard they stopped making heads so all that is left is what is on hand. I also heard that they sold the company and only making a couple of castings.

http://www.protopline.com/racingaluminumford.htm

I know this is just hearsay and probably not very helpful. Try the 5.0 message board and see if you can dig up any other details on the heads.

Your avatar is way too distracting.

they don't look like the pro-topline heads, the casting around the exhaust ports is different. I'd almost be wary of them because the price is so low. However, its hard to say no when you could have a set of new heads for 550, assemble them for 300 more, and with 210cc runners they should flow at least 240cfm on the intake. I wonder if stock configuration manifolds would work and if the exhaust port is in the stock location....

haven't found any definite numbers yet, but they look very similar to the dart heads, specs as follows:

Material: 355T6 alum alloy
Comb Chambers: 62cc
Intake Valve Dia: 2.05”

Intake Port volume: 210cc
Intake Port Dim: 2.150”x 1.300”
Int Port Location: Stock
Intake Gasket: Fel-Pro# 1262
Exh Valve Dia.: 1.600”
Exh Port volume: 76cc

Exhaust Port Dim: 1.420” x 1.420” w
Exh Port Location: Raised .135” Std & spread bolt patterns
Exhaust Gasket: Fel-Pro#
Flow, Intake: 310cfm @ .700” lift / 28”
Flow, Exhaust: 180cfm @ .700” lift / 28”

Head Bolts: Dart & 351W block 1/2" OD ARP# 154-3603
302 block 1/2"-7/16” stepped washer ARP# 154-3603
Head Studs: Dart & 351W block 1/2" OD ARP# 154-4003
302 block 1/2"-7/16” stepped washer ARP# 154-4005
Manifold: Most with standard port location
Milling: Min. 50cc (.0065” = 1cc) Flat Mill
Pistons: Most 20º aftermarket pistons.
Push Rod length: Should always measure
Push rod Guide Plate: Comp Cam # 4816 (flat)
Retainers: Steel (10º)
Spark Plug: .750” reach, gasketed, Champion C59C / C59YC
Spring Pockets: 1.550” OD (.030” deeper max)

jegs sells the dart heads for $595 ea. Theres something fishy going on.....

Sounds to me like they're likely cheap chinese replica's of US made heads. Especially with the price at half what similar US heads go for. Those cheap chinese repop intakes are always being compared to Edelbrock's intakes, these heads seem to be doing the same thing.

hmmm

Well I emailed them and they said that standard manifolds or replacement headers fit fine...

As far as Chinese vs. American......I won't go there...

But I will say from working in MFG world and specifically a CNC machining facility with Motch, Cinturns, and many other CNC machines...

IF a competent engineer does the program, anyone can run the CNC machine...

you load the part, chuck it in...load the correct program, close the doors and hit start...

when the first side is through you flip it start the second operation...

So in reality...ANYONE who can push a button, and tell the top from the bottom can run a CNC...

They may be cast from 356A alloy, but the machine work is done on a CNC machine. You can't use the as-cast deck face on an engine, ditto for all the other locations that have to bolt up to other engine parts. They have to be machined into the casting