to 2v or not

bobc83

Jul 31, 2007
Normal,IL
wondering if you guys could help me with a question here.

I am going to put a motor in my car pretty darn soon and I would like to stay with the 2v for the ease of things, but man was i disappointed watching some youtube vids today of 2v's with built bottom ends...10+psi blowers and head work...and not even seeing 500hp?

YouTube - Vortech 02 Mustang GT vs Kenne Bell 03 Mustang GT vs 02 Z28

So I guess I was pretty sold on an MMR 600/800 SB......trickflow/ported PI heads and cams and some sort of intake......to go along with my V1 s-trim of course, but if will all that money, time and effort I don't see 500hp I would crap a brick.

Can anyone talk me out of a 4v swap? (sounds funny doesn't it):SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Dude those guys werent even pushing thier chit. There are a bunch of cats on here running wayyyy more than the stangs in the vids. Did you ever read the thread that was on here a while ago about the differences between 2 and 4 v's? The 2v actually stacked up pretty well.

I have a built bottom end, running 13lbs of boost on a very conservative tune...and don't even have longtubes yet...and I am at 496...

How much more power do you need? I feel that my car is disgusting fast...I had 307rwhp just on the engine and I feel that my car is 10x faster after putting the blower on...

Trust me...once you get to 500rwhp...you really don't need more power...