To Build, Or Not To Build,.....that Is The Question.

I guess I still don't get it. And don't take this the wrong way, I'm not upset that my thread is/isn't labeled a certain way, it's just that I don't get the difference. Although it's stock looking at a glance, I've replaced literally everything on the car, nose to tail, except for the engine itself (which I am collecting parts for) and the gas tank. @TOOLOW91 has effectively done the same thing, only nicer parts and a huge chunk of money under the hood. (And Jeff, this is in no way a dig at you in the slightest, I just want to understand) yet there is a distinction in the two threads. How?

Again, Im not bitching about anything, I just don't get it.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I guess I still don't get it. And don't take this the wrong way, I'm not upset that my thread is/isn't labeled a certain way, it's just that I don't get the difference. Although it's stock looking at a glance, I've replaced literally everything on the car, nose to tail, except for the engine itself (which I am collecting parts for) and the gas tank. @TOOLOW91 has effectively done the same thing, only nicer parts and a huge chunk of money under the hood. (And Jeff, this is in no way a dig at you in the slightest, I just want to understand) yet there is a distinction in the two threads. How?

Again, Im not ****ing about anything, I just don't get it.

What's to get? My very first post stated that if anybody wanted to have me name it differently, and if it fits the criteria, (which it does) just to let me know. At the same time, you have said a couple of times now that you don't care what your thread is called.

So what's it gonna be?

You car fits the profile, and the thread certainly has more than enough good stuff inside,........

It's like this:

A guy goes into a bar and says I'll have a beer. The bar tender asks any particular beer? He says "I don't care what you call it, just as long as it's beer."
The bar tender pours a nice tall glass of the cheapest swill he has on tap and serves it up.

After taking one swig and retching, the guy says "I just don't get why you'd serve me this swill when there are so many other fine beers that fit the profile"

The bartender replies "I'm sorry Chief, I thought you didn't care what you got served, as long as it's a beer? If you wanted something better, all you had to do was ask"

See what I did there?;)

Last edited:

Again, Im not ****ing about anything, I just don't get it.
None taken pal . I broke my ass on that thing I asked for it to say build cuz- Idk it sounds better to me after all those hours and time waisted on it back and fourth . But in the end does it matter not really we all know what we have and haven't done . I'll Be the first to admit there is some stuff out of my reach or I have friends teach me things i hadn't done on the car myself yet , but I have had my hands on that whole car from top to bottom an didn't pay to have a single hour of labor done except the paint done by my buddy for me to this point (that will change when the chassis work comes) . But I take pride I guess in knowing I built and assembled every bit of the car .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

We used to put progress threads in talk and build threads in tech. The reason was because build threads contained a lot more step by step instruction versus "They installed part X today".

The trouble with setup is readily apparent in Race and Mike's threads. Ongoing threads like those generate a lot of chatter.

So we moved those threads to talk at member request. The tag went along with it. Guess what we saw next? Dude takes a cat-back out of a box and turns some bolts with a set of channel locks and calls it a build thread.

So we got rid of the build thread tag and had just progress threads. There are so many out there that they all look alike so I began tagging specific threads as build versus progress just because the red tag stood out against a sea of yellow ones.

Making it so that the forum mods can select them is better, I think. They are more in tune with what's going on in their respective forums. If not well... Perhaps that needs to be addressed too. :O_o: