to hell with the factory warrenty

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
guys whats up. im about to say the hell with the factory warrenty cause they are just too much of a pain with modifications. i have an 02 gt with 7,500 miles. the only things im concerned with is the ticking head issue, and the tranny(3650). heres the deal i want to mod the hell out of the car already. i go to car shows with my buddy who has a ls1 z-28. he has no warrenty so hes been working the engine for a while. i need to keep up with him. my tranny seems ok but you never know with these things. however i might have the ticking heads. are there any replacement heads out for our cars yet? frpp don't they have some? if there is any out how much do they cost. what does a 3650 tranny cost? and how about a whole replacement engine in case i blow this one up completely. im starting to look at it this way, if there is a aftermarket replacement parts for all of this i might just say foget the warrenty and when somthing goes replace it myself with a performance parts. give me some info and prices, what do you guys think.

thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

your warranty should cover it no question asked, if you have no aftermarket parts that affects the heads, they cannot refuse the car for warranty repairs, you have the magnuson moss act behind you, you just need to beat them at their own game..
http://www.granatellimotorsports.com/magnusonmoss.htm

some more TSB's for your car
http://www.alldata.com/TSB/19/021949C9.html

If I were you, worry about a replacement engine when you get there, because right now, theres no reason you need one, unless you want a forged shortblock.. As for replacement parts, try doing a search here and you should come up with tons of threads :nice:

i dont want to replace the engine unless i blow it up. i just want to replace the heads if they are defective and i figured if i could get some performance heads , then why not. but i hear that if i were to use frpp heads, then i have to use their intake plentium. i wanted to use the cl upper intake. is it true that no other upper intake would work with frpp heads?