to paint interior or not?

ghostfacedriver

Founding Member
May 26, 2002
hey guys,I have an all black interior except my radio bezel was painted silver and my billet pieces. Anyways what do you think should do,either i get other pieces silver (like on www.sil8nt.com) and then finish my billet pieces or get the radio bezel painted black and get all the billet pieces i want?

• Sponsors (?)

IMO no. I painted my interior myself, and I thought I did a great job......I ended up re-ordering the interior peices :rolleyes:

First, I prepped the peices (console/shifter, armrests, gauge bezel). I sanded, cleaned, and primed. I did 3 primmer coats and lets dry. I applied 3 coats of the silver metallic paint, and let dry. I finished with 3 coats of clearcoat, and let dry.

After all that, it looks like ****. The paint rubs off and looks horrible. I just ordered the Mach 1 pieces that are already silver in color :shrug:

if your going to do it, and the peices your looking to paint are hard plastic, you might wanna double think it and might wanna consider dying it

I did mine and it worked perfect. I cleaned everything and painted it didn't put any primer on just about 5 coats of sliver paint that i got at advance auto and 3 coats of clear. That was about 4 months ago and it still looks new.

I've found that if you use model car spray paint found at walmart or wherever, it sticks a whole lot better than regular spray paint. Prob since model car bodies are plastic, :shrug: Put a good amount of clear coats (light) on it; when I painted my silver pieces, I cleared em like 6 times. Just don't put too thick a coat on.

SIL0.jpg

I think that looks pretty sharp :nice:

ghostfacedriver said:
hey guys,I have an all black interior except my radio bezel was painted silver and my billet pieces. Anyways what do you think should do,either i get other pieces silver (like on www.sil8nt.com) and then finish my billet pieces or get the radio bezel painted black and get all the billet pieces i want?

Maybe you should contact the business to see what type of paint they use. I personally wouldn't paint any areas that would be prone to wear or chipping (armrest, for example).