• Yay

Votes: 19 79.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

KBCobra95

Aug 28, 2005
North Carolina
Should I polish my front accessories...alternator,whole bracket, power steering, ac and that whole bracket? They just dont match the other purdies.:D
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

Definiately polish!!!!! That shouldn't even be a question. You should have just started a thread saying "hey I am polishing my ****!" ;) .................and.................... AWWWW!!!! KENNE BELL!!!!!!!!! :drool: Thats on my wish list!

Here's the thing about polishing. One you start it never ends. When you do the brackets then you will find something else that doesn't match and the endless cycle continues. I threw in the towel and went away from it. If you have nothing but time then go for it.

i have a lot of polished stuff under my hood. not as much as some people yet but enough to start getting stuff either chromed or powder coated.

polishing has to much upkeep to keeping it shine. my intake is holding up pretty good but i went over a few times since installed. everytime it rains or i wash my car, i have to wipe things down fast before the waterspots become permanent till i repolish.

i'm going to see a guy who powdercoats on the side to get alot of stuff done like my typhoon intake and brackets. he has a powder called "extreme chrome" he says its very close to chrome.

i hope you have alot of time on your hands to polish and continue to polish for the rest of your life to keep it shiny.

Polished items look incredible when kept up, problem is they need to be kept up. With my car it's far from a daily and the maintenace is pretty simple..mothers billet and an hour or two every month. However if I was to do it again I might be inclined to go the powercoat way..easier to maintain and more resistant and better looking than paint.

VibrantRedGT said:
Here's the thing about polishing. One you start it never ends. When you do the brackets then you will find something else that doesn't match and the endless cycle continues. I threw in the towel and went away from it. If you have nothing but time then go for it.

I agree... I am looking to powder coating....