To tint or not to tint

• Sponsors (?)

I have a light tint on the door windows and a little more tint on the back "greenhouse" glass.

P7240007a.jpg

P7240011a.jpg

P7240010a.jpg

I just put 35% on mine and love it, only problem is I can't get the rear window piece to go on correctly.
Did anybody else encounter the onslaught of "air fingers" I had sprouting from the edges? Every time we tried to smooth one out another would pop up in it's place.We tried putting the hair dryer to it but by which time one of those fingers turnen into a kink, so the whole thing had to be discarded :notnice:
How did everyone else get around this?
This is on my 68 Coupe BTW.

I just put 35% on mine and love it, only problem is I can't get the rear window piece to go on correctly.
Did anybody else encounter the onslaught of "air fingers" I had sprouting from the edges? Every time we tried to smooth one out another would pop up in it's place.We tried putting the hair dryer to it but by which time one of those fingers turnen into a kink, so the whole thing had to be discarded :notnice:
How did everyone else get around this?
This is on my 68 Coupe BTW.

a friend of mine does this for a living. what he does is shrink the film with a heat gun, on low heat, until it conforms to the contour of hte glass, and then he finishes trimming the film. the other problem though is that since you use a lot of soap and water on the film and window, you have to keep working to get the water out. use a dry towel to soak up hte water as much as possible. you can use a heat gun there also, but again on low heat. be patient as the film will go down though.

a friend of mine does this for a living. what he does is shrink the film with a heat gun, on low heat, until it conforms to the contour of hte glass, and then he finishes trimming the film. the other problem though is that since you use a lot of soap and water on the film and window, you have to keep working to get the water out. use a dry towel to soak up hte water as much as possible. you can use a heat gun there also, but again on low heat. be patient as the film will go down though.

exactly what my buddy does at his shop too. Pretty fun watching those guys, some are good at it, others should find a new hobby. lol

5% on mine all around also with a sun bar up front...

When the car goes back together i plan on keeping the tint, its so nice in the summer. Plus i like flicking off my friends knowing they cant see me hahaha

Backing up at night can sometimes be fun but its not that bad :shrug:

l_27064a1813f19e6a831f7899d143ab35.jpg

309318982_l.jpg