To V6 or not to V6

ANGELMAV

Jul 1, 2005
Ok heres the dilemma, stationed in germany at the moment and the daily driver (92 Dodge Stealth) is starting to act its age. Considering a 2005 Screaming Yellow V6. This would be my daily driver until I come back to the states and then it would be the weekend toy at that point. The numbers look impressive, the car is definitely quicker/faster than the v6 stealth I am currently running around in. I am not a track guy but appreciate performance. Was thinking GT but $ considerations would mean waiting and considering that would mean putting $$ into the stealth until I could go that route thinking the V6 might be the perfect compromise. Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

Well my experience with performance cars with a V6 has been good/bad. The Stealth is a base SOHC thats still fast and can take most of the european cars off the line at 140,000 miles. Then theres the 1991 firebird V6 I had which was a total pos that I was embarrased to be stuck first at a light in. That car couldnt take anything.

ok. but what would you rather have? i'd say get the '05 if you want it and do some minor things to it and call it a day.

t-lok
dual exhaust
wheels/tires
intake

that way it'll be a little quicker and it'll look nice to :nice:

Well I would rather have a new mustang than spend half the amount to keep the Stealth running and handling like new. I guess I havent quite phrased the question correctly as I was hoping for some feedback about the satisfaction others with the 05 V6 have had with their cars. As my experiences with performance cars with a 6 is limited to one good (stealth) and one bad (firebird) I was hoping for some insight into the satisfaction of the V6 owners, especially those that have kept their cars stock. :shrug:

ANGELMAV said:
Well I would rather have a new mustang than spend half the amount to keep the Stealth running and handling like new. I guess I havent quite phrased the question correctly as I was hoping for some feedback about the satisfaction others with the 05 V6 have had with their cars. As my experiences with performance cars with a 6 is limited to one good (stealth) and one bad (firebird) I was hoping for some insight into the satisfaction of the V6 owners, especially those that have kept their cars stock. :shrug:

Well, I haven't kept mine exactly stock :D but when I first got it, it was, and I liked it! Although mine is a 2001... not the same as a 2005, so you might want to ask some of the people in the '05 section of the forums. I think over all they are good cars, not very fast but kinda quick but with some small modds they can be made to perform very well. But for just driving around they are very good cars and very dependable