Tokico Kits

91LX-5.0

Mar 9, 2004
Hey guys,
I just bought a mustang, and as it turns out my front left strut is seized up, :bang: :notnice: so I will obviously be replacing my suspension. While I am in there I would like to lower my car a bit, and The best prices I have seen so far are on tokico springs struts and shocks for 399 brand new. They are all over ebay or there here http://groupawheels.com/rohpackagedeals3.htm (scroll down). I know this is a reputable company (Tokico) but does anybody have any type of experience with this setup on mustangs. I have been searching the archives like crazy but I have yet to get any real info on them. I know that konis and KYB make really good stuff, but I just don't have that type of green.
Thanks for any and all help! :nice:
Ben

• Sponsors (?)

I use Tokico (Blue) struts and shocks all around. They are awsome!! (paid $330 new for all).
Well worth every penny.
Nice quality Blue paint on them!
The BLUE Tokicos will work with stock height and LOWERED Mustangs.
My car is lowered about 2 1/2" with BBK specific springs.

10HoleLX - How can I tell what lowering springs I have? I just got a free pair of BBK lowering springs from my cousin but I hope they don't lower my car 2 1/2". Would this mean I have to buy C/C plates if they do? And do you have any pics of your car lowered?

Dtowncats said:
10HoleLX - How can I tell what lowering springs I have? I just got a free pair of BBK lowering springs from my cousin but I hope they don't lower my car 2 1/2". Would this mean I have to buy C/C plates if they do? And do you have any pics of your car lowered?

The BBK springs themselves DID NOT lower my LX that much!
BBK springs will lower about 1.5"

The way I lowered my LX about 2.5" is like this:

I removed all the rubber spring isolators when i installed the lowering springs and thats how my car dropped so much. I could barely fit one of my index fingers between my tire and the top of my front and rear fenders
Those stock front rubber isolaters are over an 1" thick when you put them together
The rear rubber isolater are little thinner about .5"

The rear i have lowered even more with my adjustable rear lower control arms. With these Granatelly control arms you are able to lower car up to 1"

The BBK springs I have I bought in the year 2000. The color was a sky blue and have BBK painted on them in white.

As far as i know there are two type of BBK Lowering springs.

The Progressive springs have the coils wounded up closer together toward the top.
The specific springs are evenly spaced from top to bottom.

The progressive will give you a more comfortable ride.

Sorry no pics yet. Will get some this weekend though. Ok

My car is very stiff but I love the way it handles.