Tons of questions.

I have a 2001 GT with a build date of 03/2001 on the door sticker. I think I have the later build date. Questions are, what is the size of the clutch on the tranny? Is it 10.5" or 11"? Also is it a 3650 or T-45? I am planning on modding it out with a bunch of stuff. What are some recomendations for x-pipe, headers, springs, pulleys, clutch (mine has issues), and ignition. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks. If anyone knows a VALID site to look up vin numbers please let me know. I cant seem to find one that works right now.

• Sponsors (?)

I have seen printed mid year '01 for the tranny change in the GT and have seen printed '01 gt t-45/ '01 Bullet and Cobra t-3650. It has been my sales experence that the GT that year has the t-45 all months of build. Check to see where the drain plug is on the tranny, the 3650 has the plug on the very bottom of the tranny pointing down.

Right from the partshopper section of stangnet, on the Steeda Tri-Ax page: If you have a 2001 GT, then look on your driver side door jam, there will be a build code sticker. If you have a 'K' under the 'TR' code, then you have the TR-3650 tranny. Else you have the older T45 tranny.

If you're staying n/a, then u/d pullies are a must have. Go with the Steeda pullies. Ive had them on my car now for 2 years and no problems with them yet. If youre going with a supercharger, then dont do them. They will throw the supercharger off.

Full length exhaust is always a good idea as well. Ide recommend Long tube headers w/ matching x-pipe and a good hi-flow catback.

For ignition work, you can get an ignition timing adjuster and advance the timing of the whole ignition input, or you can get a custom program for your car via a sport chip or dyno tune. If youre planning on doing internal motor work, Ide just go with a dyno tune.

You asked about the PI headswap. Since you have a 99+ GT, you already have the PI heads from the factory. If youre looking to still do internal work, then I recommend having your factory heads ported and polished, giving them an oversized valve job with stainless steel valves, and some competition valve springs for insurance. While youre in there, get a new set of matching cams for your combo. Send a PM to Scott and Tim. They can give you more info. than I ever could. Their user names on here are VTengines(Scott) and Cobra Killer(Tim).

Some other good people to talk to are the guys at Houston performance, Sean Hyland motorsports, and Fompkmotorsports. Here are the links to Houston performance, Sean Hyland Motorsports, and Keith at Fompkmotorsports. I hope this helps out and good luck.

www.seanhylandmotorsports.com
www.fompkmotorsports.com
www.houstonperformance.com