Took off the intake and....

• Sponsors (?)

1TallMF said:
Wow, that shouldn't be there.... was it really full of oil like that too? I can't tell what those are from the pics. Was this the first time the intake was taken off?

Yeah I can tell what the parts are too its parts of a piston lol. Yeah this was the first time sicne I have had this car that the intake has been off. And yes the oil was in there from when I blew off the PCV when my fuel pump went out and I tried to start it back up I heard a detanation and some smoke started to come out lol. But I have never had any oil come out the exhaust and I'm sure with that many parts missing from a piston that it would leak oil like a mo fo. I'm thinking someone did some work before I had it. I have had this since 01.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a compression test as if there is that much missing i'm sure the compression would be **** lol.

I know

mo_dingo said:
wow....just wow
Yeah tell me about it I can't even think of how that would happen even if the piston did exlode how could it get through the intake valve and make it up the runners into the plenum? That's what I can' understand let alone the nut that was up in there lol. Anyone seen anything like this before? or did some one replace something and put parts in my plenum lol.

If those ARE piston parts, you shouldn't need a comp test. Does the car idle smoothly? I don't know how the parts got into the upper intake. I suppose vacuum could have pulled them past the intake valve. That engine would be DESTROYED for that to happen though. I would like to see some in focus pics of those parts and the intake. Somebody could have been cute and threw a handful of parts into the intake.

reddy351 said:
If those ARE piston parts, you shouldn't need a comp test. Does the car idle smoothly? I don't know how the parts got into the upper intake. I suppose vacuum could have pulled them past the intake valve. That engine would be DESTROYED for that to happen though. I would like to see some in focus pics of those parts and the intake. Somebody could have been cute and threw a handful of parts into the intake.

That's what i"m thinking I'm thinking it might have been the shop I took it to when I had the TB cleaned. I think they thought it would be cute to put them in the intake or something. As for the car running smoothly I took off the intake to put a new PCV valve back in because I blew it off. So I have not started the car up I'm also in the process of putting in some other parts. So that's why i'm going to do a compression test. If it turnes out the engine is toast I think I'm going to wait until the new FRPP Boss 302 comes out :-D.

Guero said:
What a dumbass i bet he wasn't tuned for that power!!!!!!!!
umm....its pretty much stock but the exhaust and CAI so what I had maybe like 5-10hp over stock. So how am I a dumbass for not getting it tuned? I got it used so God only knows what and how the person or persons before me drove it. So you should get all the facts before you start calling people dumbasses!!