Tork tech on the way

gmeach

Jun 28, 2011
I have a Tork tech mp112 on the way for a 01gt does anyone have any tips for installation that might help? Also I have 42lb/hr injectors 90 mm maf 255lph fuel pump And a cobra throttle cable On the way as well. Am I forgetting anything? My goal is to have about 400 rwhp.
Thanks for the info!

• Sponsors (?)

Here is the major list of what you need....

TT Manifold kit
Blower
Throttle Body
Throttle Cable
Cruise Cable (if you want to keep cruise control, otherwise ditch it)
Cobra IAC
Lightning IAT Sensor (think about getting the $10 connector too to make it easy)
Injectors
Cobra CAI
Cobra Heat Exchanger
Intercooler Water Pump
Intercooler Tubing
Intercooler reservoir
Belt

That is just what I pulled off the top of my head. If you want to keep the costs down, you can get every single one of these used off of ebay, craigslist, or even off of one of the many mustang sites with classified adds.

I just built mine this weekend.....the worst part of the whole build (for me anyway) was fabbing the heat exchanger mounts and all the piping that goes with it. I must have made 20 trips to the auto parts store! Not much room in front of the radiator. Feel free to post questions everyone was a big help especially vertigasen....ill help in any way I can....read through the tork tech thread. I had a couple small issues. Are you running intercooled? Didn't see it in your parts list....

I just built mine this weekend.....the worst part of the whole build (for me anyway) was fabbing the heat exchanger mounts and all the piping that goes with it. I must have made 20 trips to the auto parts store! Not much room in front of the radiator. Feel free to post questions everyone was a big help especially vertigasen....ill help in any way I can....read through the tork tech thread. I had a couple small issues. Are you running intercooled? Didn't see it in your parts list....

You should have let me know about needing mounts for the HE, I made a set in about an hour. I'm at work, but when I get home I'll post up some pictures of the one I made. I went and got stuff from Home Depot. I think I got a couple pack of 90 degree metal mounts and 2 steel 1" x 1/4" steel stock. I had to drill a couple holes and the bottom mount points already had screw locks in the holes. I bought a pack of those too if I needed them.

I got my HE from a place called Frozen Boost (its local but you can buy online) and got the type 101 HE and also got their hose kit for it. It seems to be working well. You can go cheaper than this with used parts and cheap hoses.....and get the fittings from Home Depot or Lowes.

Cool thanks for the info. How big of a throttle body would u go with?

Honestly, that is up to you. The stock one will easily support the 400rwhp you are looking for....and you can get a stock Cobra one pretty cheap. I went with a BilletFlow one, but I needed something to support a little more....somewhere in the 650+rwhp range.

Thank you....luckily for me my dad is a mechanic/welder for amtrak. He made a real nice bracket and its rubber mounted in the bracket to absorb any bouncing around the car does. Mine came out nice, its just the time you put into it makes equals the look and quality of the finished product. I'm very happy,now I just need a heavier clutch......

Yes I got the ic kit. If I get all of other parts before the s/c kit gets here will I be able to install them and still be able to drive my car without the s/c?

You can install the fuel pump and mount up the heat exchanger before hand. I mounted the bosch fluid pump behind my right head light where the airbox originally was. That will need keyed power (i let mine run all the time with the ignition). That's about all u can do before hand. And setup gauges in the car. I had mine apart in about 4-5 hours. Just take your time on the install as their instructions leave a lot up to you. There is no mention of re-wiring iat if ur +02. There is room on the tork tech bracket to mount a reservoir. Def double clamp the heater hose on the block....you don't want that to leak.

Yeah, I went back and looked and there is no mention of the IAT (ACT) sensor install. It just says to plug the rear one and install the front one....but you have to pull it off the wires from the MAF. I know back a year ago, they had instructions, but I dont see them on their site anymore. I might see if I can find some paperwork from my KB install that has the directions on how to do it and post them up here. I know Bob had the issue, and more and more people are doing this install....so it could help someone.

The iat harness extension is a piece of cake once you know what ur looking for......on your maf plug...you need the two outer-most wires...solid grey and grey with red/purple tracer. Simply extend them to reach to the new iat above cylinder #2. I used the plug off my egr canister on drivers side rear of motor. It is a very similar 2 wire plug. Then took a razor blade and shaved the one little tooth on the iat to allow it to plug in.....VERY IMPORTANT.........you can only steal that plug if you have no intention of using the egr system on the blower. I had my tuner shut all the egr stuff off. If you are going to run egr, I would say go to a junk yard and find the connector and cut/solder to ur new wires.

What year car do you have....basically, is there a chance you have a windsor bocked car? If you do, plan on a lot more grinding than just the part above the water pump. With my Boss block (based off a Windsor) I had several pedistals in the valley that I had to grind down. It wasnt bad, just took a little more time to fix up right.

It's an o1 and I can't remember if it has the romeo or Windsor. When I placed the order the guy told me a way to find out which one it is but I can't remember. I think 11 valve cover bolts mean it is a Romeo or somtyeing

With a computer scanner, you are able to see what your fuel pump duty cycle looks like. When it hits 100%, the pump cant send any more fuel. For the extra money, the BAP is insurance. Even if the 255 makes it, it is going to be close to capped out.