Tork Tech SuperChargers?

charlesw6954

Founding Member
May 3, 2002
Mo
Look nice and come complete with fuel upgrades to intercooler. Anything wrong with them?

I met up with an old friend who has a 96GT with a dead 2v and will sell it to me in 2 months for $1500-2500. So, time to build a new motor. I was thinking about forged interals, ported heads, stock cams, and this supercharger.

The funny thing is that I have taken all of my general education classes, and can't take anymore engineering classes because of the school's crappy math structure. So, I have to take math elsewhere and it's only two hours a week. That means I can work full time plus another job (that i'll be starting soon) for 16 or 18 weeks. I have money in the bank and more in five months.

I looked up at a few places on the internet for shortblocks, and their return policies are ridiculous. I was thinking about getting a block and having all the work done local.

Fellow stangers, give me advice on what to get, if this supercharger is worth it, if stock cams are good for s/c setups, and what heads.

After watching video clips of these types of supercharges makes me love that whine. That makes me wish if my girlfriend could whine like that, since she whines all the time, might as well make it pleasing. HAHAHA.

• Sponsors (?)

Any advice on what brand of rotating assembly to get? And is Patriot stage 2 heads good? Are the stock PI cams good for SuperCharged applications?

I am thinking about keeping the exhaust stock, and just having the built motor, ported heads, stock cams, and that supercharger. I believe it will be a nice sleeper. Quiet when driving, but a loud whine when at WOT.

I'd rather shell out the extra $$$ for a Kenne Bell kit and thats coming from an Eaton owner. For that $4300 (complete IC'd kit) you could spend about $600 more for the KB that will have far more potential to expand down the road.

That reminds me, has anyone heard of a Rotex supercgarger? Its like a centrifigal with planetary gears that make it spin as fast as a turbo?