Track times

Jimp

Apr 9, 2005
Went to the track today, finally. It was a disaster though. I don't know how may cars were there, seemed like 200 or more. I had to wait in line for the tech inspection for close to an hour. Finally got in line and someone hit the wall and shut the track down for another 2 hours or so. So I only got 2 runs, one N/A and one with the spray. The first run I accidentally staged too deep and had to back up and ended up with red light, -.038. If I had staged shallow it would have been a near perfect light, oh well. I did a small burnout and powerbrake. I spun a little off the line(with some wheel hop) and then took off. Ended up with a 15.1 which I was slightly diappointed with. I lost to an SRT-4(that was running slicks mind you!). With a little more practice I'm sure I could have gotten into the 14s. The second run was with the nitrous. I staged ok this time but I didn't rev as much at the line. I had kind of a bad reaction time this run, guess I was thinking too much about the nitrous switch and not enough about the tree. Very little wheel spin, as soon as I was sure I was hooked up, I hit the nitrous. I ended up with a 14.2@98MPH. I beat a Pontiac GXP somethingorother. I think I could have launched a little harder and maybe hit the nitrous sooner and could have gotten into the 13s easily with a little more track time. It was a very frustrating day, we were there for 5 hours and only got to run twice. I almost left before I got to run. The worst part of the whole day was when, after waiting for hours to run, 9 brand new Porsches pulled up into an empty lane bypassing all of the other cars. They didn't have to wait at all. I guess they paid extra. Must be nice.
Anyways, with all that time waiting, I got to meet a few of the other racers. There were several brand new Mustang GTs, including a yellow Steeda. One of the GT guys(Jeff? pretty cool guy) was running mid to high 14s. I would have beaten him, heh. There were a bunch of nice cars there, and a bunch of SERIOUS cars there! The nicest one though had to be the brand new Ford GT. It was red with white stripes, super sweet ride. We talked to the owner and the car was stock except for headers, a smaller pulley for the SC and a tune. He had his own driver, and he was running 11.1 at 134MPH. He was really taking it easy though, it was an easy 10 second car. The track told him if he went over 135MPH(or was it under 11 seconds?) he'd need a full roll cage. The guy tried to argue that the GT had an intergral roll cage and were made for racing(which is true).
Enough of my rambling, here's the time slips. I'm car number 390, right lane on both runs. Be kind.

Attachments

• track times2.jpg
    track times2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Sponsors (?)

Jimp said:
Went to the track today, finally. It was a disaster though. I don't know how may cars were there, seemed like 200 or more. I had to wait in line for the tech inspection for close to an hour. Finally got in line and someone hit the wall and shut the track down for another 2 hours or so. So I only got 2 runs, one N/A and one with the spray. The first run I accidentally staged too deep and had to back up and ended up with red light, -.038. If I had staged shallow it would have been a near perfect light, oh well. I did a small burnout and powerbrake. I spun a little off the line(with some wheel hop) and then took off. Ended up with a 15.1 which I was slightly diappointed with. I lost to an SRT-4(that was running slicks mind you!). With a little more practice I'm sure I could have gotten into the 14s. The second run was with the nitrous. I staged ok this time but I didn't rev as much at the line. I had kind of a bad reaction time this run, guess I was thinking too much about the nitrous switch and not enough about the tree. Very little wheel spin, as soon as I was sure I was hooked up, I hit the nitrous. I ended up with a 14.2@98MPH. I beat a Pontiac GXP somethingorother. I think I could have launched a little harder and maybe hit the nitrous sooner and could have gotten into the 13s easily with a little more track time. It was a very frustrating day, we were there for 5 hours and only got to run twice. I almost left before I got to run. The worst part of the whole day was when, after waiting for hours to run, 9 brand new Porsches pulled up into an empty lane bypassing all of the other cars. They didn't have to wait at all. I guess they paid extra. Must be nice.
Anyways, with all that time waiting, I got to meet a few of the other racers. There were several brand new Mustang GTs, including a yellow Steeda. One of the GT guys(Jeff? pretty cool guy) was running mid to high 14s. I would have beaten him, heh. There were a bunch of nice cars there, and a bunch of SERIOUS cars there! The nicest one though had to be the brand new Ford GT. It was red with white stripes, super sweet ride. We talked to the owner and the car was stock except for headers, a smaller pulley for the SC and a tune. He had his own driver, and he was running 11.1 at 134MPH. He was really taking it easy though, it was an easy 10 second car. The track told him if he went over 135MPH(or was it under 11 seconds?) he'd need a full roll cage. The guy tried to argue that the GT had an intergral roll cage and were made for racing(which is true).
Enough of my rambling, here's the time slips. I'm car number 390, right lane on both runs. Be kind.

Impressive Jimp, and with only a 75HP shot. I'm sure you will break into the 13's next time, assuming your track isn't packed. LOL.