Traction issues...

I need youre help guys, I cant get no traction. Currently i have only the 4:10s, the rest gos on tuesday. Already i get no traction 1st and half of 2nd:nonono: , I got 255 comp TAs in the rear and they seem to not want to grip. I already plan on throwin on nitto 555r drag radial (275s) in the rear, but i dont think thats enough. what are some good suspension mods to help keep it in a straight line???:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Welcome to Stangnet.
Stickier tires will give you a good amount of traction.
Goodyear F1 GS D3's are some good tires to go with.
I have them and I usually hook most of the time.

Pennywise2 said:
Welcome to Stangnet.
Stickier tires will give you a good amount of traction.
Goodyear F1 GS D3's are some good tires to go with.
I have them and I usually hook most of the time.

If your 96 is stock you could put KY on your tires and you wouldn't have traction problems :D . Just bustin your chops buddy!

Im not new to stangnet, I had a old name. Yeah i kicked an 99 Gt verts a$$ tonight (at the track of course;) ) . Although i kept up with him through about 50mph, the whole time i was melting my rubbers. When I finally hit 3rd I pulled on him and took the win. He had several mods, known too scary of course. Corrected, only mods are ColdAir and 4:10s. I couldnt imagine if i would have got 4:30s, 3rd would have been useless too:notnice:

You tell me that none of you have traction issues??? I find it hard to believe that....dont make say something like am I the only one with over 300 horses here and piss all the Gt guys off, its not my problem you cant hang:rlaugh:

96_SVT_VeNoM said:
You tell me that none of you have traction issues??? I find it hard to believe that....dont make say something like am I the only one with over 300 horses here and piss all the Gt guys off, its not my problem you cant hang:rlaugh:

fffftttttt......300hp was so last year, get into 06. Slowbra owners :nonono: .

I had tractions isses with my 285 kumhos....darn thing wouldnt hook up until the top of 2nd @ 60MPH :nonono: . I am currectly running my dads sumitimo 315s ($110 tires) and can actually hook pretty well in 2nd.

I used to be able to be going 40MPH in 2nd...then just hammer it and it would bust the tires loose and lay about 100' of rubber :nice: ...but :notnice: when your actually trying to go.

315s FTW! They will solve your traction issues.

96_SVT_VeNoM said:

launching at 4500 with my 315 nittos will leave you in my dust cobra boy!