Traction Issues

• Sponsors (?)

Pro Form brand UCA and LCA. (off brand, but they are HD, they work great, and look great.)

I spent 179.95 for UCA and LCA's as a kit. Came with grease fittings too. A PITA to install the uppers, but the UCA's combined with the LCA's cut down my wheel hop by 90%. I haven't ever run quad shocks on my car, but I am installing them tonight. I want 100% NO wheel hop and this is the only way I can acheive it with my 17X8 wheels 245 Goodyear tires.

4 cylinder front springs, remove front sway bar, some nice upper and lower control arms(many choices depending on what you want to spend), 90/10 fronts and 50/50 rears. That should be pretty cheap. Or if you want to get even cheaper box in your stock control arms so the open part on the bottom that flexs is reinforced and wont flex. No removing the sway bar wont make the car flip over, drive itself into a ditch or not be able to corner at more then 3.45 mph. What do you have for tires anyways?

The 97 Cobra I used to have...I removed the front bar off of that, and it drove fine around corners and turns. Of course I never really cranked it around coners at 80, but around town at 20-40, it was fine.

Check out Maximum Motorsports. The have several different lowers and recommend the factory Ford uppers with a stiffer rubber bushing. The details as to why are on the site.

When it comes time to do mine, I'm going with their set up. I wish they offered the factory Ford uppers boxed. Steeda does but they use polyurethane bushings on them. I suppose you could just replace the bushings in your uppers and get the MM lowers.

And get some quality tires. All the suspension in the world isn't going to do jack for you if the tires don't grip.