Tractor Pulls

dastang2 said:
i drive a 95 dually with the 5.9 with 200,000 and have never had any cracking. i also hear that the ford owning cummins is a rumor but i don't know. i've got an 83 with a 6.9 and it is a piece of junk. i will never get a ford diesel again. i just like the cummins, that's all. they have been around a long time and that doesn't look like it is going to end anytime soon.
you probably think the 83 is junk b/c it is an 83...

• Sponsors (?)

what do you mean, i think it's junk because the glowplugs are all swollen and won't come out the heads, the injector pump blows and the crappy fuel system. but when it did run. it ran strong.i'd run it now but i have a broken glow plug in the cylinder.they are notorious for having bad injectors and pumps and leaking air.

795.0pacecar said:
Ford out tows the competition with less rated power in every test. Im not a big fan of the 6.0 but the 7.3 was a damn good engine, and I have heard rumors of a 6.6 twin turbo in the near future.

It's a 6.4 liter BI-turbo with rumors of over 500-600ft lbs of torque. They keep pushing back the introduction date because they don't want to end up like 6.0 liter with there head problems, injector failure, EGR tube clogging, turbo failing, high pressure pump scoring problems. But there trannys can hold up alot better than anybody else out there, well besides GM and there alison trans.