Traded GT 500 for 2010 GT

whuml

Apr 10, 2009
IL
Yes, I traded in my perfect 07 GT500 for a new GT. Long story short I could not use the clutch anymore. I ordered the GT Dec.3 and took delivery on 4-17. The 2010 is extremely refined compared to the previous years. You read about the ride is very hard but coming from a gt500 it is like a luxury car that can go around corners. I have all the options, list was about 37,000 for a coupe and the dealer gave it to me for 34,600. They also gave me 32,000 off the discounted price for the gt500. Almost traded even. I am very satisfied with the deal.
I will be upgrading the rear end to a 3.73 soon. I was a little skeptical about the wheels before I saw them but they are great.
Highly recommend the new GT.

Attachments

• IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_0066.jpg
    IMG_0066.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 346
  • Sponsors (?)

Congrats.

Maybe it's just me, though. If I couldn't drive clutch anymore and had a GT500, I'd swap it out for an Auto and keep the GT500.

I still can't get over the rear end of the new refresh. The front end and hips look good, though, and the seats are awesome.

The new GT's are on my dealer's lot. heh like clockwork, I got a email in the inbox, saying they will have a GT500 soon. I went out there after hours and took a nice look at the GT without having a sales guy hovering over me like a vulture....

It was a black one, and I have to say I liked it. Interior was very nice, though I could not get in it, it did look very nice upgraded. Body lines were good, and overall the car look great. A set of 20's would really set that car off.

That said, I'll be keeping my baby :)I still will take a good look at the GT500 :)

First off nice Mustang and good for you for buying an American car!

MSRP of $37K for a loaded 2010 GT! The 03/04 Cobras sold for $35K. Mustang is getting a bit too upscale for my taste and budget. I read somewhere they have a back-up camera in the new Mustang? WTF! It's not a full-size SUV or truck. If you need a back-up camera in a mustang you need to take public transportation.
I hope after all the hype of the new model you will still be able to get a base GT with a manual for mid $20's.

3.73's are only an option on manual transmission equipped GT's. Whuml got an automatic (3.31's are the only gears available from the factory for automatics). My '07 GT was 2 weeks old when I had 4.10's installed. No regrets there!

How did you adjust for the Spedometer being off with a different rear end ratio? The dealer said they can't change any adjustments to the computer. Help

First off nice Mustang and good for you for buying an American car!

MSRP of $37K for a loaded 2010 GT! The 03/04 Cobras sold for $35K. Mustang is getting a bit too upscale for my taste and budget. I read somewhere they have a back-up camera in the new Mustang? WTF! It's not a full-size SUV or truck. If you need a back-up camera in a mustang you need to take public transportation.
I hope after all the hype of the new model you will still be able to get a base GT with a manual for mid $20's.

Well, please remember there has been 5-6 years of inflation since the Terminators were new.

The dealership I work for has a brand new 2010 Mustang GT with the 3.73 axle package on sale for $28,151 (MSRP is $29,340) - and that's without any kind of Ford rebates. Once Ford starts offering rebates (after most of the new 2008-9's are sold out), then you'll find base GT's in the mid $20's regularly.

How did you adjust for the Spedometer being off with a different rear end ratio? The dealer said they can't change any adjustments to the computer. Help

You can easily change the speedometer for gear and tire height changes with a handheld (aftermarket) tuner (i.e. SCT, Diablosport, Sniper, Hypertech, etc.). I have a Diablosport Predator tuner and it just takes a few minutes to make changes with an easy to follow on-screen menu to guide you.