Traded GT 500 for 2010 GT

Well, please remember there has been 5-6 years of inflation since the Terminators were new.

The dealership I work for has a brand new 2010 Mustang GT with the 3.73 axle package on sale for $28,151 (MSRP is $29,340) - and that's without any kind of Ford rebates. Once Ford starts offering rebates (after most of the new 2008-9's are sold out), then you'll find base GT's in the mid $20's regularly.

I'm waiting for the 2011 with the EcoBoost to go for low 20's new and mid-teens lightly used. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Well, please remember there has been 5-6 years of inflation since the Terminators were new.

The dealership I work for has a brand new 2010 Mustang GT with the 3.73 axle package on sale for $28,151 (MSRP is $29,340) - and that's without any kind of Ford rebates. Once Ford starts offering rebates (after most of the new 2008-9's are sold out), then you'll find base GT's in the mid $20's regularly.

My concern with making the Mustang too upscale is what is happening with the Dodge Challenger and possibly the new Camaro. Sales on the Challenger are awful. $40K for a Dodge Challenger R/T with a manual. No thanks! I am happy to hear you can get a 10 Mustang GT manual for under $30K. Like you said once the hype of the new model cools off you should be able to find deals for mid $20K range in 6 months.

I too would have found a way to bolt up an automatic to the GT500. Does the 5R55s bolt in (provided its beefed up)? Or does one have to get a 4R70 (?) the one thats on the SN95? This is something I've always wondered about.

I'd start with a different dealer.

How would a different dealer help him.. They told him the truth IDS has a menu under programmable parameters for axle ratio but it's locked we can't change it.

It's possible that engineering could unlock that but I do not know and even if so they wont let us do it.

The only option is in the aftermarket.. ( tuner)