Traded the V6 in for a 03 Mach 1!

ChaosStarter said:
different engine. different block, heads, cam, EVERYTHING. nothing is related to the 96-01 Cobra engines. Most of these cars with a few thousand miles on them are putting down like 280-290rwhp STOCK. These are underrated at 315hp. Not to mention have one HELL of a tq powerband. It's not the feeling of a Vortec like the Cobra. This things pulls TQ like a GT, and hits HP like the Cobra. Ford did an excellent job on this car.

Finally... It took a GP owner to tell you guys what a Mach really is. Some of you got most of it, but some think GT+Filter= Mach 1. That's like saying V6+Dual Exhaust= GT.

Mach 1= 13.1
GT= 13.9

They are in NO WAY even close to the same. TOTALLY different engine than the GT (or any previous Mustang, for that matter), different suspension, brakes, hood, spoiler, interior, gears... need I go on?

Oh, and the Mach is not made in Bright Atlantic Blue (BAB), but it is made in Mach 1-only Azure Blue... which IS a gorgeous color.

• Sponsors (?)

:rolleyes: I knew it would be a matter of seconds before the V8 guys got all over me for saying that, even though it was a sarcastic comment in the first place. :shrug: Oh well. Hey, I did congratulate you kylew for getting the mach. But I see you got the Ego to go with it. So why you all seemed to feel the need to jump on my case and call me a fool, I don't know. Did any of you stop to think that maybe, just maybe, you could just sit me straight and not f#$%*^& act like little a$$holes about it? No, I haven't read up on the Mach, no I don't care to, no, I don't like them, Yes, I love the old ones, No, I'm not a fool, No, I don't give a flying f&%$ what you think. When I joined this site, people told me, "Man, you're wasting your time. Guys in forums like those are V8 muscle heads who aren't going to care you have a Stang unless it's GT or higher. Stangers are mostly a$$holes." You know, that came from a Chevy guy so I kind of expected that, but it turns out he was right. You guys can't even disagree with someone without calling them an "idiot" or a "fool" or "clueless". WTF couldn't you just say, "Hey man, the Mach is blah blah blah so that's why it's better than the GT." That way someone like me who doesn't know a whole lot about the car can leave the convo knowing more than I did to start. All the comments for me on this thread inform me of is the fact that alot of you guys have egos running rampant and think you're better than everybody b/c you have a little knowhow. I knew that before I posted on this thread, so thanks anyway. :rolleyes: :notnice: :nonono:

5-SpeedStallion said:
Finally... It took a GP owner to tell you guys what a Mach really is. Some of you got most of it, but some think GT+Filter= Mach 1. That's like saying V6+Dual Exhaust= GT.

Mach 1= 13.1
GT= 13.9

They are in NO WAY even close to the same. TOTALLY different engine than the GT (or any previous Mustang, for that matter), different suspension, brakes, hood, spoiler, interior, gears... need I go on?

Oh, and the Mach is not made in Bright Atlantic Blue (BAB), but it is made in Mach 1-only Azure Blue... which IS a gorgeous color.

:lol: You have to be kidding me....you are getting on my case b/c I got the COLOR wrong?? Ok, I admit, I don't spend my days memorizing the color coding for Mustangs, ok? Saying I'm wrong about the car is one thing, but picking on me for missing the precise color? Now, you're just being an a$$hole. :nonono:

Mean03V6 said:
:lol: You have to be kidding me....you are getting on my case b/c I got the COLOR wrong?? Ok, I admit, I don't spend my days memorizing the color coding for Mustangs, ok? Saying I'm wrong about the car is one thing, but picking on me for missing the precise color? Now, you're just being an a$$hole. :nonono:

Sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't intended. I was just correcting it to show my adoration of Azure Blue, not to prove you wrong.

5-SpeedStallion said:
Sorry if it came off that way, it wasn't intended. I was just correcting it to show my adoration of Azure Blue, not to prove you wrong.

Ah whatever man, it's cool. :cheers: And yes, it is a really good color. As for all the other stuff I said about the Mach..like I said in the other post, I haven't studied the thing and that's exactly why I didn't post up any quarter mile times and try to compare it to the GT. I was simply stating that, to the untrained eye, it would appear as though it is very similar. It'd be nice to be able to post your opinion on here w/o being ripped apart by everyone who doesn't agree though, I have to say because as you can see in this thread, peeps be drunk on the haterade when it comes to a different opinion. :shrug:

I think the problem is just the V6 forum and not Mustang owners in general.

Now I'm just 19, but even I could tell that the maturity level in here is a little lower than in the classic section.

I think the problem in this case was just a bunch of V6 owners who feel like they have to prove that they know just as much about Mustangs as everyone else(GT/Mach/Cobra owners).
Don't take too much offense to it. There's a reputation on the line here, and questions about Cobra R heads, and your comment about the shaker aren't really helping change people's view that V6ers are ignorant.

Having pissing contests about who knows more is a little immature. But you can't really blame these guys with the rest of the forums breathing down their necks. :shrug:

Mean03V6 said:

Quit you're bitching already. He was just correcting the WRONG information that you posted :rolleyes:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I think the problem is just the V6 forum and not Mustang owners in general.

Now I'm just 19, but even I could tell that the maturity level in here is a little lower than in the classic section.

I think the problem in this case was just a bunch of V6 owners who feel like they have to prove that they know just as much about Mustangs as everyone else(GT/Mach/Cobra owners).
Don't take too much offense to it. There's a reputation on the line here, and questions about Cobra R heads, and your comment about the shaker aren't really helping change people's view that V6ers are ignorant.

Having pissing contests about who knows more is a little immature. But you can't really blame these guys with the rest of the forums breathing down their necks. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I'm not ignorant, I'm inquisitive. I didn't claim anything about the shaker, I just made a sarcastic comment. So if you think I'm ignorant for that, then fine. I give up trying to be civil with you people. It's utterly pointless. :shrug:

Congrats on your upgrade! I can honestly say that i'm JEALOUS!!! So how is the MACH 1? How much did you have to pay for this car? I was thinking of trading my in too. Any info you can give me would be great.