Transmission Cooler for C4

Well, I made a bonehead move during the planning phase of my restomod and forgot to order my radiator with a cooling tank in it for the transmission. The car is mainly going to be a sunny day, local car show driver, no track and just a weekend cruiser application.

Considering that I still have to install a condensor for the A/C on the front of the radiator, I am thinking a long thin tranny cooler mounted underneath that on the front. See the following link:

Transmission Cooler

The model I was eyeballing, since it would look better than a black one, is the:
BM-70265* Polished Aluminum SuperCooler 15,000 GVW 11"x4-1/2"x1-1/2"

But I am definitely open to suggestions or input as this does seem to be overkill, but not really sure what to use as I have very limited experience in this department.

Thanks for the input in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

for a stand alone trans cooler you want to go as big as possible. there fore i would go with the 28,000gvw cooler. dont worry about it running too cold, the cooler an auto trans runs the better.

for a stand alone trans cooler you want to go as big as possible. there fore i would go with the 28,000gvw cooler. dont worry about it running too cold, the cooler an auto trans runs the better.

That is almost double the height. Is it ok to block that much of the radiator. What about the fit for the condenser? And do you think a pusher fan would be necessary if the cooler isn't as big?

as long as your cooling system is in good shape you should have no problems. remember that the a/c condenser usually cover the entire radiator. i have never had any issue with the largest trans cooler available that fits my car. as for a pusher fan, you really dont have enough room in front even without the trans cooler.