transmission Problems =(

93mustang13

Nov 25, 2008
I have a 93 mustang 2.3L. sadly my transmission is starting to go. i have no clue what kind of transmission i need. i dont get the difference between the t4 and t5 and all that. my current transmission is a automatic with overdrive.

• Sponsors (?)

If my automatic was going out I'd be glad and switch over to a T5 which is the standard 5 speed transmission for the 2.3L cars. Used T5s are very inexpensive, plus you can buy tranny rebuild parts off of summit racing.

Call up a local junk yard and see if you can price one that comes with a warranty, the transmissions from the big name parts dealers come with 3 year warrantys usually but they are quite a bit more expensive in comparison to the junk yard ones, since they are rebuild/refurb.

Or if you hate your car now is a good time to put a sizable down payment on a newer model Mustang haha.

But if you like your car then, you'll like the performance you get out of your Mustang after a manual switch over. Its nothing to write home about, but your driving experience will be more enjoyable in my opinion.

If my automatic was going out I'd be glad and switch over to a T5 which is the standard 5 speed transmission for the 2.3L cars. Used T5s are very inexpensive, plus you can buy tranny rebuild parts off of summit racing.

Call up a local junk yard and see if you can price one that comes with a warranty, the transmissions from the big name parts dealers come with 3 year warrantys usually but they are quite a bit more expensive in comparison to the junk yard ones, since they are rebuild/refurb.

Or if you hate your car now is a good time to put a sizable down payment on a newer model Mustang haha.

But if you like your car then, you'll like the performance you get out of your Mustang after a manual switch over. Its nothing to write home about, but your driving experience will be more enjoyable in my opinion.

i wish i could do that but it would cost too much to put it in. i need this car to just last me long enough so i can get a mint 5.0.

A mint 5.0? How much have you saved up so far? You might have enough money to put as a down payment on a pretty good one if you sell your 4cyl or part it out. Unless you were wanting to keep your 4cyl as a body parts car, which wouldnt be a bad idea either. Anyways good luck on whatever decision you decide to make on your tranny.

A mint 5.0? How much have you saved up so far? You might have enough money to put as a down payment on a pretty good one if you sell your 4cyl or part it out. Unless you were wanting to keep your 4cyl as a body parts car, which wouldnt be a bad idea either. Anyways good luck on whatever decision you decide to make on your tranny.

i was thinking about taking out a loan on a challenger, but i dont think i can do the payments on it. i kno a challenger im a trader, but im not a fan of the new mustangs, but the 2010s are amzing. idk what im gunna do yet