Trick Flow intake owners, I need your help

wht87gt

Mar 16, 2003
Oxford, MA
How the hell do I torque the two upper to lower nuts on the drivers side of the intake. ( see pics ) I've tried a 3/8 dirve socket, a 1/4 dirve socket, and even ordered a 3/8 drive flex socket from sears and nothing will fit past the curved part of the intake. I've been trying to avoid just using a box wrench and guessing at the torque on those two nuts. What have you guys done?

View attachment 383503

View attachment 383504

• Sponsors (?)

By hand. There is no way to get a proper torque setting. Especially with the flex socket or universal adapters. Just make sure its pretty snug and recheck it in a couple days.
Kevin

I had the same problem...I could not get a bite on it and the previous owner had stripped the s!@t out of it anyway.:bang: I had dropped the car off to be worked on and they were able to get the intake off so they did it somehow...I did not ask:scratch:

Just an FYI, I called Trick Flow today an asked about this. In their instructions it says to torque the upper to lower bolts so I figured I'd call them and find out for sure what I needed to do. They told me that there is no way to get a socket on those bolts, as many of you have already stated. No offense to you guys who responded, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to screw anything up after spending all this money.

You need to use a box end 10 or 11mm (I can't remember which) wrench for the front with the distributor cap off for clearence, and you can get a small twelve point socket on the back just barely enough to tighten it down. That's how I did mine. Hope that helps, good luck to you.