trick flow track heat or street heat

Nice picture Mustangowner:)

Now, I have to talk about the article you posted.

You stated it was used with a custom camshaft, right? Well was the custom camshaft tailored for the Performer intake or the Systemax.

My experience comes from a couple friend's cars (one had a Systemax on a '94, and the bottom-end/mid-range was lost, in which the top-end could not negate the difference.

My judgement is off a little personal experience and this man:

www.flowtechinduction.com

Aka. Ed Curtis.

You will find out, many do not agree with most magazine posted information, because they tend to be bias.

It is about matching the entire combination, not just throwing on an intake and expecting it to flow the competition away.

Nice find, as I have seen that before, but just ask around how often magazine articles are looked at as bias.

Chat later....

I would also add, good low and midrange power is nice to have on occasion.

• Sponsors (?)

I looked at many combos and this is what I decided to go with...

1. Trick Flow track heat upper end kit: best bang for the buck and will work with my stock '86 bottom end with flat top pistons.

2. A competition AOD from Performance Automatics with an"H" valve body: this way I can shift it if I want or let it do the shifting, has OD for highway cruising and can also handle 550hp.

3. 3000rpm stall converter.

4. 3.73 rear gears: between the gears and the stall, my RPM will always be between 3000 and 6000... right where the track heat likes to make power.

5. ZEX 150 shot: will work well with the short track heat intake runners and I use it only when I need to on the street and have it for track time, but won't be stressing the engine all the time like a blower or a turbo.

All in all, this makes for a good combo because N/A I'll be making about 350 hp @ the crank and about 500hp on the bottle. I have the gears and the converter to keep engine revs where the track heat likes to make power and still can cruise at highway speed and not be at redline... this will extend the life of the engine and save gas. Then the nitrous is there for when I need that extra power without being on all the time like a blower or turbo.