Trick Flow Track Heat..Too Big??????

1Slow90coupe

Oct 18, 2005
I found a good deal on a Trick flow Track Heat intake, and I am wondering if it is too much for my car. I plan on putting AFR heads on eventually, and I hate buying stuff twice. Current mods in Sig. I am also considering a new 70MM TB, and bigger mass air meter. I do not have the money to do both right now. What do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

If you got a good deal, get it! It will be worth it in the end.

The ports may not match up exactly, but it will be fine when you put them nice heads on.

Even with the h/c/i later, you won't need anything bigger than a 70mm TB anyways.

Good Luck with your plans/funds!

You will lose low end and mid range TQ but you might pick up a few HP at high rpm. Thats a pretty big intake that makes power from like 2k-6k and with stock heads it really wont match up very well. At the track it will probably lower your ET's but on the street its going to negatively affect driveability and fun factor. However it would go great with a nice set of AFR's so if the price is right i would get it for the future.

Well....I found out that the intake I was looking at is not a Track Heat....it is the Street version. I am glad that he was wrong about the type because I prefered to have a Street Heat for my application. At the end of the year I am going to put some TFS heads on it so it will be a good match up. Does anyone have a guess as what I can expect for gains right now? By the way I paid 275..shipped...never installed...has a few scratches on the top, so it needs to be painted.

I would be interested in seeing how much increase you get. You kind of have the same set up I am going for in a way. I have:

Street Heat Intake (not installed)
70mm BBK TB
Stock MAF
BBK Chrome Cold Air Intake
E303 Cam
302 bored .030

I have been meaning to install the Street Heat but have not had a second to do so and don't really want to pay someone else to do it. When I just installed the cold air intake I noticed how small the stock MAF is so I am looking for one of those as well. Summit has one that is 73mm for only $129 and from Vortech so I think I will buy that.