Trip Tunes Pics

visual0ne

Jul 22, 2006
Tennessee
Check "My Garage" for Pictures of the ellusive Ford Trip Tunes Toggle. This FM modulator distuributed by Ford bears a striking resemblence to the Scosche FM-MOD01. Scosche pictures can be found on Crutchfield.com website. The only diffence between the two FM Modulators is the toggle, and the price tag! Both should work with any radio Factory or Aftermarket. ENJOY! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

set up question.

i am debating getting trip tunes for my new mustang... but haven't found a good source that answered all my questions...

in your images it looked like the toggle is installed in the glovebox? so do you just have a wire hanging out of that to hook into your ipod? and it's on and you set your radio to the frequency or off and you use the radio??

sorry if this is a completely ignorant question...

I can't answer all these questions. I know I debated various ways to hook up my ipod. I compared prices, etc. and ended up getting a new head unit.
The head unit controls the ipod, charges it and sounds much better than the Shaker 500.

Is the new aux input a direct input to the head unit or does it input the ipod through an fm tuner? In other words, do you push AUX on the tuner to hear the ipod or must you tune it to a specific frequency? Are there any ipod controls on the new Shakers or must you you make song, artist, etc. selections directly from the ipod?

aux input

not sure. I saw my car on the lot this weekend. doing papers tomorrow, should be driving it tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know.

the way it looked, it was a direct stereo input into the head and it came with a standard jack and power supply jack. no need for transmitter, though I think whatever device you are using must be controlled from the device itself. I do not believe the stereo is smart enough to control the device, nor is there wiring capability to do so. I might be wrong. good question to post...

if that's the case, the sound will be MUCH better than the RF setups.

I am psyched. I will have XM ( i have a portable TAO reciever - you guys have to listen to opie and anthony on XM they're funnier than stern), sirius (built into the system so i will have stern anyway), 60 GB Ipod, 40 GB ipod (I am a music fanatic), 6cd changer as well as AM/FM.

i just got an 07 two weeks ago and the Input is directly to the headunit.. (You have to hit the AUX button).

No there are no contorls/displays for the ipod on the headunit. It just displays AUX on the screen and then you control everything though your ipod.

Any displays that tell you the name of the artist or song? Same question for an ipod and satellite. Other head units will do that and control your ipod, Alpine for example. I switched my Shaker 500 in my 2005 to an Alpine and just wondering what the radio is now like in case I buy another Mustang in a couple of years. Thanks.