trouble codes for my '02 GT

cobra1923

May 6, 2005
Baltimore
I just installed a Catted UPR x pipe (to go along with my 40 series flows) and some of the piggyback March U/D pullies (until I can afford to get the balancer / pulley combo that March offers). When I put on the pullies, I yanked my timing adjuster (I've since purchased a Diablo tuner, so the timing adj was useless). Anyway, I am throwing 4 codes

0300 Low RPM Misfire
0316 Random Misfire
0301 misfire #1 Cylinder
0302 misfire #2 cylinder

The car seems to run fine (and sounds awesome with the exhaust).

Why would I be throwing these misfire codes now? Is the piggyback style pulley bolted to the balancer enough to throw it off balance and act like a misfire to the computer?:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

I used to get a misfire every now and then when I had my PB pullies on. I have since removed them and haven't had any trouble since. Did you reset and run it again?

I don't really care for the piggyback style pullies myself. If at all possible I'd swap to the Steeda's or similar that replace the stock crank pulley.

I think you're right. I seem to remember getting a similar code when I installed the timing adj way back when. I think I'll try re torquing the bolts and see if it helps. If not, i guess it's new balancer time.