tuner question (not what your thinking)

dbrufus1234

Sep 10, 2006
im lookin to get a custum tune from bamachips when my warrenty runs out, the thing is, my dad is not very fond of moding cars and all that stuff, it took me 6 months to persude him to let me get some flowmaster alxebacks. so i would have to get the tune without him knowing and i was wondering if he were to ride with me somewhere could he notice a difference just cruising, like would it shift hard when your just cruising around town? i have an automatic BTW

• Sponsors (?)

Doug's automatic tunes are definitely noticeable. Have you told him the gas mileage will improve with a tune? That might help persuade him.

yeah i was thinking about, telling him i would get better gas mileage and no more throttle lag.

even if your just put-puting around town there will be a noticable difference in the shifts??

I have the tune from Brenspeed and it made a huge difference in my automatic!!!!! I had my dad with me the first time out with even the 87 tune(only other mod at the time was Flows)and it kicked sideways on the 1-2 shift(we looked at eachother and smiled). It wouldn't even dream of that with the stock tune! I don't know how he wouldn't notice:shrug:

I have the tune from Brenspeed and it made a huge difference in my automatic!!!!! I had my dad with me the first time out with even the 87 tune(only other mod at the time was Flows)and it kicked sideways on the 1-2 shift(we looked at eachother and smiled). It wouldn't even dream of that with the stock tune! I don't know how he wouldn't notice:shrug:
i know he would notice at WOT, but im talkin about everyday driving, does the car shift hard even when your just cruising??

If you're overly concerned, you can control how you drive, and your passenger won't be able to tell.
It's a seat of the pants thing, and the psssenger is just along for the ride, and doesn't have the same feel as a driver would.
I doubt your dad could tell unless you drove it like you stole it.

If you're overly concerned, you can control how you drive, and your passenger won't be able to tell.
It's a seat of the pants thing, and the psssenger is just along for the ride, and doesn't have the same feel as a driver would.
I doubt your dad could tell unless you drove it like you stole it.

yeah thats what i was thinking

You have total control over shift firmness. If you leave it at 0% extra it should be ok. I have mine set to 5% extra for daily driving purposes and it is noticeable nearly all the time. Esp in bumper to bumper crawling traffic. Going a few miles per hour it will buck on the gear changes. I wish there was a way to turn it on and off while driving! Another thing to watch out for with the auto is on your takeoffs. If you give it just a bit more throttle than anticipated it will throw you back in the seat and chirp the tires(with the stock 3.31 gears)! I suggest that if you do get the tuner, drive around a few days to get used to it before he rides with you or he drives it!

You have total control over shift firmness. If you leave it at 0% extra it should be ok. I have mine set to 5% extra for daily driving purposes and it is noticeable nearly all the time. Esp in bumper to bumper crawling traffic. Going a few miles per hour it will buck on the gear changes. I wish there was a way to turn it on and off while driving! Another thing to watch out for with the auto is on your takeoffs. If you give it just a bit more throttle than anticipated it will throw you back in the seat and chirp the tires(with the stock 3.31 gears)! I suggest that if you do get the tuner, drive around a few days to get used to it before he rides with you or he drives it!
thanks dawg, just wondering but does bumping the shift firmness do anything for 1/4 times or does it make it easier to chrip 2nd