Turbo 6?

Hey, i know hat this has been possted before but, what it the best place to get a turbo for my 6? Also ported/polished heads for a 98, anyone done it or had any problems? I have ben told that if you port factory heads, it causes problems? ( sounds dumb to me) SO, i know i would ned a new fuel pump/injectors - which i have already - for a turbo but what else do i need?
Matt

P.S. i have 17 in cobra r rims - 9 in front and 10.5 in the rear - what kinda of 1/4 mile time should i expect with new heads / turbo??? would it be better to stick to a throttle body and headers, exhaust ect?? - the eaisesr things?

• Sponsors (?)

If you intend on going higher than 5psi, better look at some forged internals. As far as intercoolers, you don't need them, but they help out alow with keeping the tempratures down to make the engine parts happier, plus it gives more power.

As far as the quarter mile time, depends on how much PSI you plan on. If you want a good estimate on how much HP you could get from a certian PSI, use this formula: ( (14.7 + PSI) / 14.7 ) * HP. Basically 7 is about 50%, 14.7 is 100%, 9 would be about 60%, but it doesn't factor in inefficiencies. I would say with a moderate 7psi you could expect maybe 2-3 seconds off, maybe more.