Turbo b16 Civic beat me yesterday

i thought i was really going to embarass him with the new gears, we both spun like crazy but he pulled away in 2nd. it was like a 1990 hatch back, the really old ones...i didnt ask how much boost or how much it made, but thats what he told me . before we raced i did not even realize it was turbo. i know its lighter but still...i feel i wouldve have done better without my 3.73s, they just make me spin :( tho it was my 1st launch since i had the gears put in 3 days ago.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I knew the feeling... It takes practice though.. Don't launch up too high and practice your launching..

They do end up helping you, you just gotta learn how to get traction first... Or get bigger tires/better suspension and really phown him :)

:D hmmm your car must be ferious the stuff they spray at the track holds the wheels pretty good around here lol ....because i know no one street races lol:D :D lol well i will give you "track advice" lol when the light changes green ....i mean when the lights are clicking down ...lol im just messing i think my car launches best around 2200 rpms dont get to high or you will just roast those tires

ill never forgot the night i had this stupid neon all reving at me every light and what not....so i usually dont jump on the racing game if i do i go to like 40 mph lol anyways i started getting pissed at this guy so i was like whatever lets do this i will embaress him and that will be that....i got whooped lol i was like what the hell i took the first turn i could find lol...well i discovered that the bolt holding the pass. fuel rail broke and all my injectors were running down my headers:bang: :bang: but i felt my car was running good..in fact i didn't notice a diff in my power i just noticed from the being of our cruise to the end...about a 5 mile stretch that i used a 1/4 tank of gas lol!!!!! but thats when i found out it was a srt4 those things are fast lol

still embaresing to lose to a neon lol...maybe if i pushed past 2nd i could have beat him but i dont do that ****

Ive only ran into a few turbo hondas that i couldnt beat, most of them are still slow pushing 10psi, but one of those srt4's did give me a good run, even tho he was fully loaded (4 ppl) and still beat me by a hair =\. Ive noticed in the town I live (small town) most of the cars aint fast, just ricers.

It takes quite a bit for them to really go fast (realiably that is). If seen some Integras with a turbo kit go FAST, but the same two I saw driving around town with a giant cloud of white smoke trailing later on. I did race a few turbo civics that pretty much just kepted up with me when I was bone stock. There will always be one thats faster, but for each one that is faster there are at least 10 that are slower than even a lowbie stock Mustang.

i thought i was really going to embarass him with the new gears, we both spun like crazy but he pulled away in 2nd. it was like a 1990 hatch back, the really old ones...i didnt ask how much boost or how much it made, but thats what he told me . before we raced i did not even realize it was turbo. i know its lighter but still...i feel i wouldve have done better without my 3.73s, they just make me spin :( tho it was my 1st launch since i had the gears put in 3 days ago.

most turbo civics will take you with the mods you have... sorry, but boost rules, even on hondas.

most turbo civics will take you with the mods you have... sorry, but boost rules, even on hondas.

My new roommate took me for a ride in his turbo'd '95 Civic the other day. He doesn't have 2nd gear right now, so we started from 3rd. Holy Crap, that thing pulled like a train; did 50-100 better than our cars do 0-60. We were on a kind of windy road, and when he hit 110 I told him to shut it down. I don't like not being in control, and doing that in a Civic was just scary.
Besides, last time I had been in a Civic passenger seat, I ended up upside down.:notnice:

He is planning on selling it to get a foxbody though. Just had to add that.

Look at it this way, he did an engine swap and a turbo kit and was able to beat a nearly stock 94-95 Mustang. The worse part: It's still a econobox civic. Don't feel too bad. Do an engine swap and turbo kit and see what happens. :) Do a 125-150 shot and remind him of what he's driving. Hey, he has a poweradder, and you have a poweradder, only fair. If he gives you the "well mine's only a 4 banger...." remind him it weights less, is smaller, and your not the one that bought a 4 banger and then put another 4 banger in it's place.

I won't lie I lost to a non-turbo civic that had some sort of motor swap and a bunch of stuff done to it. Plus it had absolutely no iterior or anything. He beat me but 2 feet twice...That was with my clogged up converters so he couldn't beat me now. I'm going to race him again once I get a new set of gears. :) and maybe a kenne bell blower