turbo guys need a quick reply

robbo1987*2.3*

Founding Member
Apr 22, 2002
varina, va
i was double checkin everything before i put the turbo motor in and there are two things that i cant figure out. the first thing is there is a hose runnig from right above where my oil filter screws on and i cant figure out where it goes. the guy i got the motor from just cut the hose that it was running to. like i said before i have no idea where it runs to i just know that it runs from right above where the oil filter screws on. next on the piece of pipe runnin from my turbo outlet to the throttle body there is a piece the screws into it and has two connections comming off of it . it looks to me that they are vaccume connections but im not sure. thanks for the help

• Sponsors (?)

above where the oil filter screws on? you arent talking about the PCV valve to oil seperator hose are you? there should be a hole in the side of your block with a large cannister slammed into it, then from that a hose goes to your PCV valve and then connects underneath to the upper intake manifold. the only other hose i could think about would be the hot water lower intake feed... or perhaps if the car has an oil cooler, those lines should run to the oil cooler radiator thingy...

thats what i thought

i figured it was a line running to an oil cooler because the turbo has all of the lines and stuff hooked to it (water and oil lines) but i know what the pcv setup is if i didnt i shouldnt even be attemptin the swap lol. thanks for the quick reply. but the hose is commin from right above where the oil filter screws on. i have no clue as to what it is or what it does? :shrug: if it helps any the motor supposedly came out of an 86 svo( thants what the guy told me) i asked him if he still had the svo but he said that he had sent it to his guys shop because he was turnin it into a drag car so whoknows i sure dont lol. thanks

hmm

i dont have an oil cooler is there any way i can cap it and add the cooler later? cause i have no car right now and it sux. im not even gonna intercool it yet i just wanna get it in, set the boost around 5-8 pounds and go easy on her till i have the time and money to hook up the intercooler or what not just my plans any suggestions on what to do

If you've got a turbo motor it's got an oil cooler. It is a round thing about as big around as the filter and about 2" thick...the filter screws directly onto the cooler. Its got two lines coming off of it.

The only other thing in that area is the crankcase vent which has one tube coming off of it. The PCV valve connects to it.

You can't run 5psi...you'll have a minimum of 9psi. That's no problem though since the factory cars ran as much as 15psi without an IC stock.

Stinger

thanks

i know what ur talkin bout i just have to go see where the other line is but im not tryin to be irritating but there is a line commin out of the top the thing stinger is talkin boutthat runs around the back of the block to the exaughst side it has clips that clip the line to the water line that runs to underneath the intake ( i hope im makin sense but im probably not ) what does this thing hook to? thanks

ok i got some sleep

i went out today after work and checked it out it does have two lines like stinger said. one looks like it would hook up to my water pump the other looks like it would hook up to one of the heater coil hookups in the engine bay i am being :owned: by this swap i think im over my head but there is no turnin back cause the old motor is out and the new one is just hangin above the engine bay jut beggin to be dropped in and this is the only thing holding me back( other than me messin up a gas line but the part is commin in tomorrow) im in dire need of assistance lol i feel so stupid for attempting this and not being fully sure that i could do it but i know i can do it except for this bs ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol forgive me im ventin um anything u guys can tell me would be a great help thenks

oh yea crovax what does "pwnt" mean?